Best Two Ronnies Sketch Page 4

While watching DVD of series 3, saw a great sketch called Limerick Clinic where the dialogue, spoken by Barker as a doctor, Corbett as a patient and Julia Mackenzie as a nurse, was entirely in limerick form.

I can't find a sketch I remember where the Two Ronnies where Indian Resturant owners rapping lyrics such as "wonton popadom...".

Sadly that's all I can remember but would love to see it again. It's just is not anywhere unless I am searching incorrectly. Any one remember it? Better still where can it be found?

It can probably be found here: https://www.comedy.co.uk/shop/?search=two+ronnies ;)

But on a slightly more helpful note, it's not one I recall seeing. Perhaps cut from repeats and releases for being too non-PC? :(

Quote: Aaron @ November 13 2010, 11:57 PM GMT

Perhaps cut from repeats and releases for being too non-PC? :(

There really should be a law to stop old TV shows from being censored when they are released on DVD. I still can't get over "Is it your legs?" being cut from 'The Kipper and the Corpse'. Criminal.

Back on topic, I somewhat fondly and very vaguely recall a Two Ronnies sketch where Corbett kept appearing down a sort of slide/chute into a basement (maybe a laundry?) area of a workplace (a hotel/restaurant?) for wordplay with Barker.

Love The Two Ronnies. Too many great sketches to pick one but the 'ice cream parlour' is great even if the end is obvious. Also like the two guys in pub where RB finishes RC's sentences for him.

Favourite musical number: love the Chas 'n' Dave parody!

Quote: Kenneth @ November 14 2010, 7:54 AM GMT

There really should be a law to stop old TV shows from being censored when they are released DVD. I still can't get over "Is it your legs?" being cut from 'The Kipper and the Corpse'. Criminal.

What was that one, what was the rest of the sketch/line?

Quote: zooo @ November 14 2010, 10:35 AM GMT

What was that one, what was the rest of the sketch/line?

Sorry, that was me talking about a line being censored from the earlier DVD releases of Fawlty Towers. It has since been restored in the remastered release.

Ohhhhh. It sounded familiar, but I was all confused. :)

Quote: Kenneth @ November 14 2010, 7:54 AM GMT

There really should be a law to stop old TV shows from being censored when they are released on DVD.

I agree wholeheartedly. The punishment should be death.

Hmm, so many!!!

The ones that spring to mind are "The Opticians" sketch or "Four Candles/Fork Handles" ... oh yeah, and the Badminton Sketch!!

All the best,
Cal :)

Well, I liked the book shop one and the numerous sketches where Barker completed all Corbett's sentences. Of course, four candles/got any 'O's is a fave. My fave line in the optician's sketch is where he says 'Now you're reading the furniture'. Wicked stuff.

I was always fond of The Round of Drinks. .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcrs5Z7S-oM

My favourite is the mastermind, answering the previous question sketch. Such a brilliant idea and the material was hilarious.

Quote: dennispennis123 @ March 26 2011, 4:02 AM GMT

My favourite is the mastermind, answering the previous question sketch. Such a brilliant idea and the material was hilarious.

Didn't Kenny Everett do a version of this sketch?

I remember a sketch with the Ronnies playing two beefeaters singing a song where the first bit of a line was the innuendo of the last line...

I know Not The Nine O'Clock News did a parody, but I can't seem to find the original anywhere...does anyone know where it can be found, or which series it was from?