I don't actually live in Tooting...

Hello,

I'm new here, and thought I'd better say, 'hello'(see above.) I've recently moved to Whitstable in Kent with my poker journalist partner Steve, my 7 year old, Amy, and three month old baby, Lucas. I'm trying to write stuff while I'm on maternity leave. It's all a desperate ploy to avoid going back to my rather dull job in customer support. I know, it won't work. Errr But it's fun trying. :D I'm attempting to write a sitcom so I thought this would be a good place to find guidance and inspiration.

Jo

Hi Jo. Whitstable is nice. I'm a Kent....man.

Morning. *tips cap*

Hello and Welcome to the show! :)

Tally ho..well met Wave

Hello Mrs.. you'll get some good advice about failed sitcoms here mate!

There are some success stories too and there is an enormous amount of talent on this site (fit birds..) well, maybe.. but I mean aspiring writing talent.

Which is sad in a way as it also indicates just how hard it is to make a good living as any kind of writer!

I write for a living but it's technical reports and so I'm thinking of getting a job in Customer Support as it will definitely be more creative, believe me! ;)

Hello Jo

So did you leave Tooting - or is it what you do?

If the former I don't really blame you.

Hi Jo welcome to the BSG Wave

Hope your plan works out. I used to live in Canterbury :) Theres some good roads around there in fact (drum roll please) I would say theres some excellent routing Tooting :)

Adam

Quote: ajp29 @ November 28, 2007, 3:59 PM

Hi Jo welcome to the BSG Wave

Hope your plan works out. I used to live in Canterbury :) Theres some good roads around there in fact (drum roll please) I would say theres some excellent routing Tooting :)

Adam

With or without mayo?

And I'm glad you didn't say rooting.

Hey Jo :D

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ November 28, 2007, 5:16 PM

Hey Jo :D

Very good!

Bet you've been waiting ages for that.

Yo, Jo!

Quote: David Chapman @ November 28, 2007, 5:30 PM

Very good!

Bet you've been waiting ages for that.

Im confused :$

¡Hola! Jo, welcome to the BSG. Ah ... Tooting ... got me grey cells a-remembering there for a minute ... used to get a bus from Streatham every morning to Tooting Broadway then catch a 630 Trolleybus to Hammersmith to some posh school there (well it was 1953/4 so I don't suppose we would've bumped into one another!!!). Have fun here!

Hi!

Poker journalist? What a cool job.