Weird sitcom characters

They seem to be mainly American for some reason (Kramer, Christopher Lloyd's character Reverend Jim in Taxi, or Heckles in Friends), wonder why this is?
Nearest UK equivalent I've been told about was Tyler in My Hero, although I've never actually seen that.

Does Richmond on IT Crowd count?

Mrs Doyle in Father Ted

Jake The Klingon Klinger in 2point4 Children

Quote: David Carmon @ November 6 2010, 9:03 PM GMT

Mrs Doyle in Father Ted

I don't think you can differentiate any of the charcters in Father Ted. They're all weird.

I'd say Kiki in Whites because she just seems unbelievably stupid whereas all the other charcters are believable.

Mrs Doyle was a bit more odd though, but fair point.

Quote: Chappers @ November 6 2010, 9:25 PM GMT

I don't think you can differentiate any of the charcters in Father Ted. They're all weird.

I'd say Kiki in Whites because she just seems unbelievably stupid whereas all the other charcters are believable.

Ted wasn't weird, FT reminds me of Seinfeld a bit; one relatively normal character and three loons. Oh, that and the shows are named after the main character - although if you use that as a common theme, Father Ted is similar to Frasier too...

Mork, just remembered, couldn't do a thread like this without mentioning Mork - oh and the other character in Mork and Mindy, Exidor. At least Mork had a legitimate excuse for being weird though.

Nick Swainey from One Foot in the Grave was pretty strange.

Quote: peter gazzard @ November 6 2010, 10:07 PM GMT

Mork, just remembered, couldn't do a thread like this without mentioning Mork

His space costume was very up to date wasn't it? Almost 1980s...

Quote: Ian Wolf @ November 12 2010, 5:38 PM GMT

True, with his mother only visble to him :) I was thinking of including Colin from The Brittas Empire as well in the list

Quote: Ian Wolf @ November 12 2010, 5:38 PM GMT

That policeman evening was very odd !

Quote: Oldrocker @ November 13 2010, 12:49 AM GMT

That policeman evening was very odd !

oh yes, the Dixon of Dock Green fan meeting. :D Doesn't top when he fired that arrow through his house from his back garden and the target was outside his front door. :)

The League of Gentlemen was full of weirdos.

True, can't believe I missed out The League of Gentlemen, only one normal character in that.

Quote: DaButt @ November 13 2010, 7:13 PM GMT

The League of Gentlemen was full of weirdos.

And for that matter Psychoville.

Brian in Spaced, Noel Fielding's DJ character or Pingu in Nathan Barley, Michael in Alan Partridge, Trigger in OFaH... I think they all fit the bill.