Filthy, Rich & Catflap DVD Page 3

Clearly a conversation killer. Apologies.

*tumbleweed continues to roll by*

It took me three complete viewings of the six episodes of FR&C before I really started to have any affection for the characters and their plight. On the third time watching the series I found the subject matter very funny. When I first watched this back in 1987 I found it difficult to digest as at that point (Jan 87) The Young Ones seemed to be still very much alive (what with tv repeats and comic relief), and I found it difficult at the time to see Rik, Ade and Nigel as anything other as Rick, Viv and Neil. In my opinion FR&C doesn't reach the heights of The Young Ones or Bottom, and the fact that I believe it was never repeated on terrestrial tv means that for many it is a forgotten sitcom. still feel however that it is a little gem.

I think that FR&C is the place where the remnents of The Young Ones came to an end and the dawn of Bottom began. In a number of the episodes you can see both of them phase in and out of being Rik & Viv then Richie & Eddie. It is almost like watching a comedy metamorphesis take place before your eyes.

I wonder what Tarby, Brucy and err...Crowthery made of it?

Def.