City Lights

Did anybody else rate this comedy featuring the late Gerard Kelly? I think this show and Colin's Sandwich could be in a sitcom sub genre: the hero has ambitions to be a writer. Think my parents watched it, IIRC.

I vaguely remember it, but being a BBC Scotland production, I don't think it got much of a promotion/airing down South. Not many Scottish shows did in those days, i.e. before satellite/cable regional options and (obviously) iPlayer.

I've not seen this show in years. I can only remember that he worked in a bank and that is it, lol. I do remember though that I liked it when watching it. I'd like to see it again on DVD but Amazon don't seem to have it.

You can watch it on www.tvpatter.com - a great site for Scottish sitcoms.

Just came across this site today and it fabulous.

thanks for the link to TV patter, I have been looking to rewatch City Lights for years

I have been watching some great episodes of Scottish Comedies on www.tvpatter.com

Went to log on today and the website cannot be found. Anyone know what may have happened to this. I was so looking forward to seeing City Lights just never ot round to it

Quote: smc4761 @ March 13 2012, 5:17 PM GMT

I have been watching some great episodes of Scottish Comedies on www.tvpatter.com

Went to log on today and the website cannot be found. Anyone know what may have happened to this. I was so looking forward to seeing City Lights just never ot round to it

The site has been taken down 4 or 5 times in the past year. The same with 'weegieburd' on YouTube, people report them, they vanish for a few weeks then pop up again under a new name.

Quote: smc4761 @ March 13 2012, 5:17 PM GMT

It is - or was - an illegal website that breaks copyright as a matter of course. If you're lucky your IP address won't have been passed on to the authorities.