Frank Skinner's Opinionated - Series 1 Page 5

I can understand an audience not wanting to travel to Norwich, but not young, TV exposure hungry comedians, even if they don't earn much for the night, which I suspect they probably don't. Has it more to do with profiling, I wonder? How many comedians are turned down for the 'gig' and how many others fail an 'audition' or screentest? Personally I don't think viewers will be impressed with the same guests continually coming on, it never looks good, and that's why it doesn't happen much.

I don't understand why it's filmed in a different part of the country each week? There doesn't appear to be much of a local element.

Are people still watching this? It doesn't seem to generate much debate round these parts. It's certainly got it's problems, but I find it quite enjoyable nowadays. That said, why did they have Patrick Kielty on? He was rubbish.

Quote: chipolata @ May 24 2010, 11:22 AM BST

Are people still watching this? It doesn't seem to generate much debate round these parts. It's certainly got it's problems, but I find it quite enjoyable nowadays. That said, why did they have Patrick Kielty on? He was rubbish.

The guests really don't say or add much to the show do they (excluding Lee Mack, who was a good guest I thought). I'd be better just having Frank chat to the audience for 1/2 an hour I think - there's a lot of funny and interesting people in the audience it seems.

I'd welcome Frank Skinner's Opinionated back for a second series. Like you say, hasn't exactly got many people talking about it, but it was a very gentle and un-winding half-hour of entertainment I found.

Yeah, I really enjoy it. Whoever the guests are, you're guaranteed a few laughs.

I saw the first one and the last one. It appeared to be the same programme with masks on the actors. Frank repeated the same script.

I like Sarah Milican, but it has to be said she's easily amused. She could get a job testing nappys for Pampers.

Skinner is now so creepy I'm amazed he can get on television. He makes Pinhead look like a Children's TV presenter.

I've said before that Sarah Millican acts as though she's won a competition or something. She's the same with Charlie Brooker.

I've enjoyed the show, but there could, as Mark suggested, be a better balance between the audience and guests contributions. The guests appear to do so little.

Still, it was good to see Steve Brookstein's on tele, even if it was as an audience member.

That was very odd indeed. And like most of the show, very awkward.

I think if they dropped one of the guests that might streamline it a bit. You don't really need two people for that kind of show with that level of audience interaction; it just ends up feeling terribly unbalanced and like no one has actually said anything.

I hope it returns, with or without changes.

Series 2 and 3 commissioned.

I like Frank, on form he's a great gagsmith. The guests are the problem. Each receives a big bag of coins per appearance, but too many seem content to just sit and guffaw at the host's jokes, without adding any funnies themselves.

Worst culprits being Al Murray and Sarah Millican (played by Lorraine Kelly circa 1984).

Quote: don rushmore @ October 29 2010, 12:13 AM BST

Worst culprits being Al Murray and Sarah Millican (played by Lorraine Kelly circa 1984).

Don't you dare!

Lorraine Kelly circa everything is wonderful whereas Millican is frumpy and boring. And you can't say a Geordie accent is as sexy as Scottish.