Harry & Paul - Series 3 Page 11

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 27 2010, 9:28 AM BST

You've nothing against that, surely?

Certainly not!

Quote: chipolata @ October 27 2010, 9:27 AM BST

I think those sketches are not so much about mocking the French as allowing two nondescript middle-aged men to spend a week hanging around scantily clad models.

That's the whole series in a nutshell.

Sophie Winkleman makes me feel dirty.

And not in a good way.

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 27 2010, 9:45 AM BST

Sophie Winkleman makes me feel dirty. And not in a good way.

I'd certainly like to show her my Man Winkle! Hey? Hey?

*tumbleweed rolls by*

So what was the deal with the lesbian teacher? That must be a parody of something I've not seen?

The Citroen adverts were repeated a bit too often (why put them all in the same episode? - I never understand this thinking, they could have been spread across the six episodes more evenly?). They have the continental advert style spot on though.

Looking forward to seeing what the model agency bloke does next week - he's been collecting women up all series, so I hope it's a suitably funny pay-off.

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 27 2010, 9:45 AM BST

Sophie Winkleman makes me feel dirty.

I <3 her

I think the lesbian teacher stuff was based on the Judi Dench film Notes On A Scandal.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ October 27 2010, 12:13 AM BST

I'm beginning to think that perhaps I'm just too working class to get a lot of this shit.

But at least there wasn't an interminable Beatles sketch this time, so that's a bit of a result.

I think the Beatles ones have been some of my favourites.
They've captured them quite well.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 27 2010, 4:35 PM BST

They may have been good impressions, but they were overwhelmingly dull sketches. Highlight was Lenny Henry's cameo back in episode one.

Quote: Aaron @ October 27 2010, 4:49 PM BST

They may have been good impressions, but they were overwhelmingly dull sketches.

They were more than good impression imo, they perfectly captured the essence of The Beatles' humour. Unfortunately, in order be fully appreciated, it probably required the viewer to have a deeper knowledge of the band than the typical under-30 has.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 27 2010, 4:35 PM BST

I loved the first one. Strong idea, well executed. There was no need to keep bringing them back week after week though.

I thought the latest episode was the best of the series. The headmistress thing was brilliant.

They are good actors really. The Citron was very Scorchio and I do like the blokes on the riverbank.

Ah, episode 5, traditionally the weakest episode of any sketch show series. Maybe they should just never broadcast episode 5 of a sketch show...?

I think the Chocolatier et al sketches worked best when they didn't break the 4th wall and when they kept to a more sinister tone. Enjoyed the Notes On A Scandal parody. The Richard Curtis film parody was so spot-on awful, that I suspect that Curtis himself wrote it. Some of the other runners really felt like padding for their inevitable denouements in the final episodes.

Still, some very good reasons to continue to tune-in...

*throws Kleenex towards the waste paper basket, buckles belt*

*crosses the name 'Alice Lowe' off list of comedy actresses...*

Should I know what Notes on a Scandal is? I guess it's the lesbian thing. Is it a new film??