Panellists who annoy you Page 8

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ October 26 2010, 11:27 AM BST

Maybe he is comedian that appeals mainly to males.

I have seen him live and some of his material was very very crude and in bad taste. It made everyone cringe and if I'm honest I didn't like that part. His delivery is sometimes like he is reading it from a 'set in stone' script but it is usually good material.

However, I do think he is an excellent panel host. And he is quick witted and not too bothered about being the brunt.
I am a fan!

Agreed... his stand up that I've seen was just over the top crude stuff, trying too hard to be as wildly offensive as possible, like Frankie Boyle. Jimmy is best when he is interacting with others. I find him great as host of 8 Out Of 10 Cats and The Big Fat Quiz Of The Year, and very good as a panelist as well. His stand up style of "set in stone" script as you put it, yet he does have a very quick wit.

I was digging through some old HIGNFY recordings this week and found the one with Hatton and Currie as guests - God that was embarrassing to watch.

Quote: Sal Paradise @ October 27 2010, 4:30 AM GMT

Agreed... his stand up that I've seen was just over the top crude stuff, trying too hard to be as wildly offensive as possible, like Frankie Boyle. Jimmy is best when he is interacting with others. I find him great as host of 8 Out Of 10 Cats and The Big Fat Quiz Of The Year, and very good as a panelist as well. His stand up style of "set in stone" script as you put it, yet he does have a very quick wit.

I fully agree with the comment about Frankie Boyle. At first he was quite funny but after a while it was a case of trying to hard to be outrageously offensive. After a while it loses its sting...

Frankie Boyle on MTW.
Phill Jupitus on everything apart from Buzzcocks.
Noel Fielding on Buzzcocks sometimes.
David Mitchell.
Alan Davies x infinity.
Reginald D Hunter.

Gilbert Harding - pompous git.

Can't believe no-one has mentioned Gina Yashere.

And the one out of Mel and Sue that isn't Sue.

Chris Addison, on the other hand, is a natural and a genius. I want to go for a pint with him and let him shag my sister.

Gina Yashere.... shudders. Never seen to be funny in any situation in my opinion...

Precisely. I always enjoy watching the news step sequence at the end of MTW where she pretends several times to be stepping up but just keeps 'missing out'.

And someone should tell her that being shouty in an exaggerated Nigerian accent doesn't make the words funny or the whole thing any less offensive.

- Russell Howard

- Frankie Boyle

- Chris Addison

- Rufus Hound

- Noel Fielding

- Jo Caulfield

- Rhod Gilbert

- Angelos Epithemiou

- Rob Brydon

- Marcus Brigstocke

- Pam Ayres and her stupid poems

Oh you started off so well :(

Russell Howard (although I have warmed to Good News I have to say), Sandi Toksvig, Arthur Smith, Greg Wallace, Rory Bremner and Marcus Brigstocke.

Stephen K Amos - just isn't funny.

Russell Howard
Jack Whitehall
Gina Yashere
Lucy Porter

Edit: and Adam Hills. I saw him on 8 out of 10 cats does countdown and I don't remember him getting a single laugh.

Jack Whitehall, a ridiculous prick of the highest order. Noel Fielding is also pretty damn annoying as well

Johnny Vegas and Phill Jupitus are sometimes annoying. When they go off on one and won't shut up.

(Phill only does it on QI, never on Buzzcocks - strangely.)