Harry & Paul - Series 3 Page 10

:O Love the Northern sketches, I am a Midlander living up North and it is so apt and true. Love the Chav sketches with Ghost face the loveable Bull Terrier. Great, let's see more of both of these. Where do they get their ideas from?

They steal them off the critiqe board, sure I've seen that pitbull wandering around there.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 23 2010, 5:46 PM BST

But I do think Paul Witehouse is a better performer than Enfied.

Own up, who's been nicking letters off of Steve's keyboard?

Really loved the 'I was drunk' British movie parody, best thing in the show. The Beatles runner has grown on me over the episodes too. Simon Day was carrying a few spare pounds in the Radio 4 sketch, wasn't he!?

Weakest of the run so far. And the Film 2010 sketch at the end was painfully shit. And dated. When was that written?

Roughly on par with last week. Definitely up from ep 3, but not near the first two. A few lovely sketches, a couple of non-starters, and a number of good ones.

The Chocolatier and the Citron ads were poor, and the headmistress thing was just a bit odd. At the risk of sounding like chip, it is really only their impeccable taste in female co=stars that keeps me watching.

I kind of liked the headmistress one.
And the Parking Pateweyo.

I'm beginning to think that perhaps I'm just too working class to get a lot of this shit.

But at least there wasn't an interminable Beatles sketch this time, so that's a bit of a result.

I rather enjoy the 'Citron' ads. Anything that vaguely takes the piss out of the French is OK by me.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ October 27 2010, 12:13 AM BST

I'm beginning to think that perhaps I'm just too working class to get a lot of this shit.

Yeah, get back to your Roy 'Chubby' Brown DVDs and laughing at the physically disabled, Kev...

I can't say this strikes me as any more middle-class than most BBC One/Two sketch shows.

After enjoying the first two series I gave up on this after episode two, it did nothing for me.

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 27 2010, 9:16 AM BST

I rather enjoy the 'Citron' ads. Anything that vaguely takes the piss out of the French is OK by me.

I think those sketches are not so much about mocking the French as allowing two nondescript middle-aged men to spend a week hanging around scantily clad models.

I suppose the Radio 4 runner makes a bit more sense if you're middle class. Then again, the working class might just sometimes listen to Radio 4? Maybe the government should do a survey to find out? Generally I'd agree with Chip that there's nothing particularly tailored to suit the middle class, as far as I can see.

Besides, according to Peter Mandelson(?), we're all middle class now anyway...

Quote: chipolata @ October 27 2010, 9:27 AM BST

I think those sketches are not so much about mocking the French as allowing to nondescript middle-aged men to spend a week hanging around scantily clad models.

You've nothing against that, surely?

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 27 2010, 9:16 AM BST

:)

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 27 2010, 9:28 AM BST

Peter Mandelson

Did anyone else feel a chill in the air as they read his name?