Henning Wehn

This guy is a hilarious German comedian who I saw supporting Stewart Lee back in November. He actually lives in England now and has done for some time but most of his material is about German stereotypes and the relations between England and Germany, i.e. "The English football fans always sing about 'Two world wars and one world cup' but I'm quite a big football fan and as far as I know America has never won the world cup."

Some of his material is very close to the bone, but I laughed out loud at most of it. Anyone else seen him?

Seen him on TV a lot.
I'm not sure if I like him or hate him. There's something very odd about him.
Well, several things.

He's a strange man. I have always liked him on his TV appearances though.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ September 16 2010, 1:17 PM BST

He's a strange man. I have always liked him on his TV appearances though.

I dunno, I think maybe he seems stranger than he is because of english not being his first language and so his delivery sounding a little unusual. I thought he was hilarious when I saw him.

Quote: zooo @ September 16 2010, 12:57 PM BST

Seen him on TV a lot.
I'm not sure if I like him or hate him. There's something very odd about him.
Well, several things.

That's a bit xenophobic ; ) Nah, not really. I guess like all comedians he could divide opinion. I mean, like many people I don't really find Michael McIntyre funny but I can see why a lot of people do.

I saw him a few years back. Some funny stuff and some rather dull stuff. Heard him on the radio a few times and he came across well in that medium.

Quote: Ben @ September 16 2010, 1:36 PM BST

I saw him a few years back. Some funny stuff and some rather dull stuff. Heard him on the radio a few times and he came across well in that medium.

I can see why he would work well on the radio, as a lot of his material is quite long-winded and there's not a big visual element to his show apart from the stopwatch. I guess he does look quite funny though with his posture, etc.

I used to hear him on the radio and was convinced he wasn't genuine.

I like what I've seen/heard of him.

I enjoy him on the radio.

Quote: Chappers @ September 16 2010, 11:12 PM BST

I used to hear him on the radio and was convinced he wasn't genuine.

Oh, he's real. A lot of people don't believe he's German though, he says that in interviews.

I'm always a sucker for that dry deadpan delivery and he's one of the best around.

Like thus guy a lot. But only heard him on Just a Minute, Unbelievable Truth etc. Would like to see him live, will search interwebs for clips.

He is quite odd and awkward. I can't imagine the intensity it must take to do comedy in a second language, I think German and English comedy are quite different... or ...anyone know?

Quote: sidecar jon @ October 24 2010, 11:03 AM BST

He is quite odd and awkward. I can't imagine the intensity it must take to do comedy in a second language, I think German and English comedy are quite different... or ...anyone know?

Is it Dinner for One they watch every Christmas?
A one-off British comedy no-one over here has ever seen (or have you?).

Quote: youngian @ October 25 2010, 1:13 PM BST

Is it Dinner for One they watch every Christmas?
A one-off British comedy no-one over here has ever seen (or have you?).

I've seen it many years ago... and its not funny..