Harry & Paul - Series 3 Page 9

I thought episode 4 was up on the third, but still down on the standard set by the first two. A few laughs but a lot of blandness.

I think Harry and Paul have killed the sketch show.
Terrible sketches with no laughs.

Quote: Charlie Boy @ October 21 2010, 10:56 AM BST

Killed the sketch show!? If true, then at least that means there can never be another series of Horne & Corden, Little Miss Jocelyn or Tittybangbang.

*cracks open champagne* :)

Hardly.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ October 14 2010, 2:19 PM BST

http://www.beehivecity.com/television/is-postman-pataweyo-on-bbc-twos-harry-and-paul-a-bit-racist4658/

By co-incidence there is another Postman Pat variant on the BBC right now, &
I enjoy Postmodern Pat & his Mixed Race Cat more than Postman Pateweyo.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b00vcq97/A_Series_of_Psychotic_Episodes_Episode_4

Didn't they already do a Postman Pat spoof called El Postmanio Patte or something? It had Dawn French it, was oddly amusing if I remember correctly.

Terrible sketches with no laughs.

*looks forward to Chris Langham getting his own back on Whitehouse at the trial*

Laughing out loud

Quote: chipolata @ October 21 2010, 6:28 PM BST

*looks forward to Chris Langham getting his own back on Whitehouse at the trial*

Laughing out loud

Harry & Paul is the funniest skecth show I have seen in ages. Paul Whitehouse is an absolute gem, he just gets better and better, he is fantastic as the Surgeon, espcially in that fancy dress outfit.

I loved the author listing all the football teams, adopt a Northener was hilarious, and Dragon's Den is so realistic I have to keep reminding myself that I'm not watching the real thing.

Quote: Leevil @ October 21 2010, 5:10 PM BST

Didn't they already do a Postman Pat spoof called El Postmanio Patte or something? It had Dawn French it, was oddly amusing if I remember correctly.

Il Postino I think where he shoots everyone. I think it was based on a Tarantino or something.

Quote: AngieBaby @ October 21 2010, 7:30 PM BST

Harry & Paul is the funniest skecth show I have seen in ages. Paul Whitehouse is an absolute gem, he just gets better and better, he is fantastic as the Surgeon, espcially in that fancy dress outfit.

I loved the author listing all the football teams, adopt a Northener was hilarious, and Dragon's Den is so realistic I have to keep reminding myself that I'm not watching the real thing.

hear hear!

I love Harry Enfield & Paul Whitehouse, but Harry's old shows don't get the plaudits they deserve.
I liked The Fast Show as well, but I'd rather watch Smashy & Nicey than "You ain't seen me roight", I'm Ed Winchester or Scorchio for example.

It's been nice to see Paul Whitehouse reclaim the Stavros voice in the Dragons' Den sketches as well, as he can do the voice better than Harry used to.

Oh & nice to see Tim nice but Dim as well.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 22 2010, 11:12 PM BST

I love Harry Enfield & Paul Whitehouse, but Harry's old shows don't get the plaudits they deserve.
I liked The Fast Show as well, but I'd rather watch Smashy & Nicey than "You ain't seen me roight", I'm Ed Winchester or Scorchio for example.

Oi, Sunshine, I agree that the early Harry Enfield series don't get the plaudits they deserve, but you've cherrypicked three of the lesser Fast Show characters there.

Haha. That is true. I think I was trying too hard.

They're very different types of show though, but for me personally Harry's show was funnier than The Fast Show. But I do think Paul Witehouse is a better performer than Enfied.