Rufus Hound

I couldn't believe Rufus Hound did not yet have his own thread, so I thought I'd start one, as he's my favourite TV comic of the year, probably the decade, and it's absolutely criminal that he doesn't get more exposure.

He's easily the most inventive, daring and consistently hilarious comedian working in the medium today and I'm surprised you guys don't discuss his body of work more frequently.

I'm constantly amazed at the power of his delivery, the imagination and thought he clearly puts into his every utterance. Whether he's skewering a rival panelist with an immaculately crafted one-liner or simply riffing off an amusing news story supported by nothing but his near-Wildean wit, Hound has already proved himself a master of his art. And he's only getting better.

I was so hungry for more of his material, today I found myself watching the instructional video he did for the BBC iPlayer three times back to back. I just can't seem to get enough of that cheeky grin, the mischievous glint in his eyes!

So come on TV execs, listen to your viewers! We need more Hound!

Hmmm... are you taking the piss, Kevin? I've become so worn-out and jaded that I can't tell if someone's being genuine anymore. Errr

He was very good on Young Voters' Question Time last night.

I think he would be more successful if he got rid, once and for all, of his terrible facial hair. Makes him look all too disturbingly Australian. Feeling the need to sport facial hair is usually a sign of deep emotional insecurity, so cut it off, get it gone, Mr Hound! Similarly, Andy Parsons would be a lot more tolerable if chopped off that unsightly, noisy head of his.

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 21 2010, 6:07 PM BST

Hmmm... are you taking the piss, Kevin?

You reckon?

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ October 21 2010, 6:25 PM BST

You reckon?

Nah, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, you seem sincere. Rufus Hound is the thinking man's Russell Howard.

I do think he's quite eloquent actually, and good at thinking on his feet.
That's why he's good on Argumental.

I remember when he was just the newest annoying twat on Top of the Pops.

I've actually warmed to Rufus, He's a bit shouty on Argumental but he is aces on Celebrity Juice.

One of my pals really fancies him and she normally only fancies black guys.

He has two very distinct looks! On Celebrity Juice he's all tattoos and trucker shirts and massive '70s mustache, and then on Argumental he's all boring suits and clean shaven.

I would.

I might need to give him another look then, see if he makes the List.

I remember seeing him in Club Fandango, a weekly comedy club in Plymouth about 5 or 6 years ago. I thought he was hilarious (I'd been drinking heavily though). He was the compere for the night.

He has the ability to get on my tits every now and then when on shows with people like Fearne F*****g Cotton. But generally, I find him very quick-witted.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ October 21 2010, 8:34 PM BST

I would.

Really? :S

He's a passionate man. Persuasive.

I couldn't stand him initially. But then I realised that he may turn up on a lot of telly in the near future so I now adopt a bit more of a tolerant attitude.
Which I'm sure he'd be pleased about if he knew or cared.

I can't stand the guy. He makes me want to puke my eyes out of my arse.