Misfits - Series 1 Page 8

Quote: EllieJP @ December 18 2009, 9:19 AM GMT

OH. MY. GOD.

I loved last nights episode.

It's funny, I have so many mixed feelings for Barry Simon. I really think he's so creepy and rapey... and obviously a murderer. Yet, I can't help but like him. I couldn't really grasp whether he actually let go of Nathan on purpose when he called him Barry.

Nathan is AMAZING. I love his character so much. Can't believe he ended up buried alive - that freaked me out. How did he handle that so well.

Great choice of music when they were going to save the guys from the Cult. Hilarious. I laughed a lot throughout actually.

SOOOOOOOOOOO happy there is a new series commissioned.

They're both good characters in their own way - and I think they're hinting that Simon also has a creepy crush on Kelly - he peered up her skirt when she was passed out in the club in the time-travel episode and keeps sending her nice thoughts - there's a potential showdown in the second series between Nathan and him over that.

I don't think he deliberately murdered anyone - including Nathan - he's a good person, but unfortunately he's definitely got major issues.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 18 2009, 9:32 AM GMT

Come on, that's pretty obvious! I assumed she'd do it at the end there, but it's cool they've left him down there for a bit.

Ok, ok - at least I guessed his power. Yes, I will be crowing about that until series 102.

The wank-sock bit was very, very funny.

Barry! That was hilarious.

And I'd forgotten the boy on the bike, who wasssss that?!
His eyes looked really weird, maybe he was an alium.

Quote: zooo @ December 18 2009, 11:04 AM GMT

Barry! That was hilarious.

And I'd forgotten the boy on the bike, who wasssss that?!
His eyes looked really weird, maybe he was an alium.

Uhm.. perhaps it was Curtis on the bike? o.O

Because he can travel back in time? And without Nathan they wouldn't've been saved. Ah...

Badmc - stop making really good guesses! We need some surprises :)

Looked like a tiny white guy to me!

But yeah, stop making good guesses, or there'll be no point watching series 2 at all. :(

Quote: Badmc @ December 18 2009, 12:52 PM GMT

Uhm.. perhaps it was Curtis on the bike? o.O

The guy on the bike was white I'm sure, I thought it was Simon at first but I do not know any more. Whistling nnocently

I think Simon is going to turn into some crazy Lex Luther character. He's a twisted bad guy in the making.

The kid on the bike might be the dude from the first episode who got killed by the probation worker? We never saw his powers, maybe he's been alive and watching them somehow all this time? But then again, Curtis's power is more likely.

http://geeksyndicate.wordpress.com/2009/10/30/e4s-misfits-qa-with-writer-howard-overman/

He sounds like a top fella. Some great questions also.

From what he says, the kid on the bike - and I'm not guessing here, he says it in the interview, but I'll put it in small anyway:

He's an extra character that has been introduced on the videos on the website and they're slowly introducing him into the main show - he'll feature more in the next series. I've ordered the DVD and I guess those extra videos will be in the extras on that also?

I could have all sorts of boring thinky-thoughts about how it's kind of peculiar that E4 is purposefully portraying youth as consisting of alcohol/substance (ab)use, sex and public disturbances and what this might do to idiotic tweens who think Skins is not only cool but something to aspire to.

Whoops.

The point is, I'll stop right there because the fact is I enjoyed Skins (series 1-2 at least), I love The Inbetweeners and Misfits won my heart best of all. Funny and interesting cinematically and makes an utterly lovable character out of types I normally wouldn't really cheer for (a chav lady).

I really wonder what series 2 will bring, whether they'll dig deeper into the cause of the powers and all this sort of Heroes-y stuff that could drive it into bizarre territories but then, the show features some pretty unlikely stuff (hair going away and growing back in no time, what?) but I brush it off because it's just that good to watch.

I liked this a lot. Awesome.

Robert Sheehan is as brilliant an actor as Nathan is a character. I want him in my sitcom with Carl Rice. Showing his range after his gender-bending turn in Red Riding. :)

Dan

Just read that there's going to be a Christmas Special.

I hope it's preceded by a new series.

I loved this! I like the main charachter even though he is an obvious Cock! Looking forward to a new series.

Charley!!!!! :O

If anyone's interested, this - http://tinyurl.com/2d4rdj3 - and this - http://tinyurl.com/2d9sbvj - are happening on the 4th November at BFI Southbank. I'm particularly excited about the character workshop with the cast and crew. :D