That Mitchell and Webb Look

... starts next Thursday on BBC2. From what I've heard from various sources it's the funniest sketch show to hit our screens for years (their radio show was very well received and much of the content is based on that). Well worth a look in.

The BBC have put up a small website with a funny behind-the-scenes video interview, definitely worth a watch if you've got broadband and a spare 1/2 hour. It has a nice and easy to spell URL... www.bbc.co.uk/thatmitchellandwebbsite

I went to the pilot recording, and it was pure genius. Very annoyed I couldn't make the series recordings, but it sounds like they're damn good too. :)

I reckon it'll be good, but I still can't imagine them as anyone other than Mark and Jeremy - they play those characters so perfectly.

Numberwang!

I heard a few of the radio show episodes. I can't wait to see the TV version of the snooker commentators, they were absolute genius!

Quote: hotzappa11 @ September 8, 2006, 6:09 PM

Numberwang!

Utter hliarity, that one.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ September 8, 2006, 6:09 PM

Numberwang!

:D

There's a preview clip of the Numberwang sketch (and three others) on the BBC2 website. The translation to screen is looking good.

It wasn't half bad. I like the Nazis, Numberwang and Chicken Ceasar guy. Like all sketch shows it has a high and low points though.

Why was I laughing my arse off at the banana dance?

That was great. The Posh Waiter was excellent.

Excellent. I'd forgotten just how good it was, and forgotten Sir Digby Chicken Caesar completely! Utterly brilliant. Even more upset I didn't make any other recordings now.
Oh well, series 2 will no doubt be around soon! :D

Can't wait for next week.

I enjoyed it too, especially the BMX Bandit! I booked tickets for the forthcoming live show on the strength of the radio series - I'm glad I did.

I found Angel Summoner and BMX Bandit a bit annoying but Sir Digby Chicken Caesar and Ginger were genius especially his theme tune.

"I'm indebted to you, madam. Please write to my club for full renumeration."

Quote: Miranda Walker @ September 17, 2006, 12:25 AM

I enjoyed it too, especially the BMX Bandit! I booked tickets for the forthcoming live show on the strength of the radio series - I'm glad I did.

Ah, if only I had the money! I spent my last show-pennies on Spamalot! :$

Quite a few of the sketches misfired IMHO - in particular, the Angel Summoner and BMX Bandit, which was mildly amusing at first but did they really need to use these one joke characters three times in one show? Having said that, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar and Ginger were v. funny as was the posh waiter.

Quote: Radics @ September 17, 2006, 5:07 AM

I found Angel Summoner and BMX Bandit a bit annoying but Sir Digby Chicken Caesar and Ginger were genius especially his theme tune.

"I'm indebted to you, madam. Please write to my club for full renumeration."

My favourite part. I'm going to get my own theme tune to hum when I'm doing something exciting.

Apparently they use most of the characters only in one episode. Unlike most other sketch shows. So I don't think there'll be any more BMX bandit.

I loved the Moneypenny sketch. I cannot believe how long it took me to get that they were talking about James Bond though.