Harry & Paul - Series 3 Page 4

The Pattewayo sketch to me seemed to go in two directions. You can either take it as a bigoted 'bloody foreigners' sketch or as a more general sketch about how no one likes traffic wardens. This is part of the reason I said I felt there was an unhealthy air to some of the sketches; ones like this tended to come off as two old men moaning about modern Brit and trying to pass it off as observational humour.

I liked it.

Laughing out loud

Hi Badge. Wave

*titters*

Liked this. A mixed bag, as all sketch shows are. However, I particularly liked the Naughts and Crosses sketch "Unfortunately Crosses died in 1989". I really liked that.

The Beatles sketch wasn't funny enough, but the best part of it was when Lenny Henry turned up as Ali. That was the best thing I'd seen him do. Well Ali, and the Premier Inn ads.

Quote: Lord Meldrum @ September 30 2010, 9:17 AM BST

Liked this. A mixed bag, as all sketch shows are. However, I particularly liked the Naughts and Crosses sketch "Unfortunately Crosses died in 1989". I really liked that.

I didn't get the end of that sketch (helping his mother up). I assumed another one would come along and explain it, but I didn't notice one.

I know what you mean. The bit I liked was how he explained Naughts & Crosses and suckered this woman in. However, I think the whole point of the sketch was that he just wanted a hand lifting his mother back in the cab. I think.

Ahh. Fair enough then.

Not the best end to it, and slightly confusing, but I liked it.

Quote: Gelgoog @ September 30 2010, 12:36 AM BST

The Pattewayo sketch to me seemed to go in two directions. You can either take it as a bigoted 'bloody foreigners' sketch or as a more general sketch about how no one likes traffic wardens. This is part of the reason I said I felt there was an unhealthy air to some of the sketches; ones like this tended to come off as two old men moaning about modern Brit and trying to pass it off as observational humour.

I didn't like this sketch at all. Wasn't particularly funny to me.

I thought it was brilliant. Loved the Beatles sketch, and the Dragon's Den was very funny. I think the surgeons are great too.

Recognised the little Chav in the library as being one of the kids from School of Comedy.

Quote: Ming the Mirthless @ September 29 2010, 5:55 PM BST

It was the best, funniest, cleverest, most wonderfully refreshing half-hour of TV comedy I've seen in a very long time.

Pretty much this.

I do wish they hadn't taken out the laughter track though. Possibly I'm in a minority I dunno but I think sketch shows and certain types of sitcom are much better for them.

The Parking Pata-thingy sketch was good, though I couldn't really work out its message. Found that a little confusing. What was it saying exactly? Was it racist, anti-racist in some meta-ironic way, or nothing at all/utterly meaningless but just funny?

Mr Bean excellent, from the (glory) peep hole to the murder at the end.

The surgeons and 'saw you coming', always fantastic.

Dragons' Den, fecking hillarious. Loved the 'Bob Marley Davidson' in the second part. :D

The Beatles one was the one and only miss in the whole show for me, though even that had an excellent moment when LH made his appearance.

Who did Kevin Eldon play again?? I didn't spot him at all.

He was Ringo, and the Beatles' grey haired producer guy.

Quote: Moonstone @ September 30 2010, 10:43 PM BST

Who did Kevin Eldon play again?? I didn't spot him at all.

Ringo and George Martin.

Quote: zooo @ September 30 2010, 10:45 PM BST

He was Ringo, and the Beatles' grey haired producer guy.

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 30 2010, 10:46 PM BST

Ringo and George Martin.

Sorry Nil, you were a bit late on the buzzer that time, I'm gonna have to give the points to zooo Unimpressed :P

I'm going to have to go back and have another look I didn't notice him at all! Blimey, what 'hasn't' he been in now? Not that I'm complaining!

Quote: Moonstone @ September 30 2010, 10:56 PM BST

Sorry Nil, you were a bit late on the buzzer that time, I'm gonna have to give the points to zooo Unimpressed :P

I'm gonna have to go to Ofcom and get this verified as I don't believe zooo's answer was what was "on the card". :(