The funniest ever joke ever on TV ever?

No, not Del falls though the bar and Trigger makes a face.

I bring this up because BBC Four look like they are re running Boys from the Blackstuff and so my undisputed candidate for this title is probably coming up.

It's in Yosser's Story and if you've seen it, you'll know what I'm talking about, and if you haven't, believe me, you won't appreciate a spoiler.

A brilliant moment of crushing farce coming out of the deepest, most desperate tragedy - when it first hit me, I was off the sofa, helpless with laughter, on the floor in seconds and when I finally came round found I had to rewind about ten minutes to watch it again. Apparently Tom Georgeson (who plays Dixie Dean in the series) had much the same reaction.

So, that's my candidate. In a few weeks you'll get a chance to see if you agree.

What's yours?

Spike Milligan referring to Prince Charles as a 'grovelling bastard' on The Comedy Awards in the early '90's.

Basil: Oh, Harold Rob-BINS! I thought you said Harold Robinson...

That one brought tears to my teenage eyes

I remember the line bomsh

(he says it to the er - grid, is that the one you mean)

Quote: Anorak @ September 27 2010, 3:28 PM BST

Basil: Oh, Harold Rob-BINS! I thought you said Harold Robinson...

That one brought tears to my teenage eyes

Laughing out loud

Weirdly (perhaps) the line that has made me laugh the most in the last year was from Peep Show Series 6. It's just Mark watching the mess Jeremy's got himself into and thinking (V/O) "The Untalented Mr Ripley...". Superb line, beautifully delivered.

Well, it makes me laugh anyway...

One that sticks in my mind as making me shit myself laughing is "They're all wearing crash helmtets", but it's not really done much for me on repeat viewing.

King Richard: Edna! Fight you with us on the 'morrow?
Prince Edmund: Ummm, no, I thought I'd fight with the enemy.

the start of my love affair with blackadder and then all things comedy and it has BRIAN BLESSED IN IT SHOUTING!

sorry if this is personal, rather than objective. my objective one is stewart lee doing his scotch stuff which is just superb.

why is ed so concerned about punctuation and capitalisation. as long as the text in question is comprehensible wassa problem? seems like someone needs a hobby?

Quote: robert aitken @ September 29 2010, 11:07 PM BST

why is ed so concerned about punctuation and capitalisation. as long as the text in question is comprehensible wassa problem? seems like someone needs a hobby?

Yes, very good point. I suggest you raise this issue with Aaron, man to man, as he's probably never had anyone directly confront him about his rather didactic nature. Whistling nnocently

Yes, and he's very reasonable.

Phoenix Nights, when the huge inflatable penis explodes.

Brian Potter: Have you swept that cock up you?

Kenny Snr: Most of it. One of the balls went over next door's garden and they won't let us have it back.

Funniest thing ever is Rod Hull on This Morning With Richard Not Judy.

Quote: robert aitken @ September 29 2010, 11:07 PM BST

This site is his hobby. If you don't likes the rules gets out of the kitchen.

That's a saying, right..?

Quote: zooo @ September 30 2010, 12:07 AM BST

Funniest thing ever is Rod Hull on This Morning With Richard Not Judy.

Jelly?

My family is especially fond of the Moss/Roy kiss on IT Crowd.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ September 30 2010, 1:13 AM BST

Jelly?

Greeeeeeeeeeeen jelly!

Quote: Godot Taxis @ September 30 2010, 12:06 AM BST

Phoenix Nights, when the huge inflatable penis explodes.

Brian Potter: Have you swept that cock up you?

Kenny Snr: Most of it. One of the balls went over next door's garden and they won't let us have it back.

Yes that one had be rolling on the floor!

I love that scene in Father Ted where they are staying in the caravan and Ted is explaining to Dougal: "Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away"...