Harry & Paul - Series 3 Page 3

Really enjoyed it, especially the Beatles sketch.

Parking Pataweyo and Mr Psycho Bean were excellent. Laughing out loud

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ September 29 2010, 3:35 PM BST

Parking Pataweyo

Yes, I liked that too. :D

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ September 29 2010, 3:35 PM BST

Parking Pataweyo and Mr Psycho Bean were excellent. Laughing out loud

I never thought Mr Bean was normal anyway, perhaps he was always a psycho...

I watched it with a normal person and they graded the show 4/10. The big hit was the final 'me kwan believe it nat custard' rasta sketch which was hilarious and completely left field.

I always enjoy the 'I saw you coming sketches' for the reasons given. Unlike Aaron I've never lived in Notting Hill although I have had sex in the basement of the Travel bookshop.

It was the best, funniest, cleverest, most wonderfully refreshing half-hour of TV comedy I've seen in a very long time.

The two Dragons' Den sketches were marvellously funny in their exposure of 'reverse racism'.

The old boys in the club doing "Cameron's a Queer" were brilliantly shocking.

And the "I Saw You Coming" sketches are eternally welcome in their hilarious condemnation of the idle rich.

British TV comedy doesn't (often) get better than this.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ September 29 2010, 4:17 PM BST

I always enjoy the 'I saw you coming sketches' for the reasons given. Unlike Aaron I've never lived in Notting Hill although I have had sex in the basement of the Travel bookshop.

With Hugh Grant? :O

Quote: Ming the Mirthless @ September 29 2010, 5:55 PM BST

The old boys in the club doing "Cameron's a Queer" were brilliantly shocking.

I liked that too.

I didn't quite get the second Dragon's Den sketch. Were they honestly saying Levi Roots only got backing and success because the Dragons didn't want to appear racist? That was actually a general undercurrent throughout the show. I've heard that Harry and Paul have personally said the opening sequence is parodying their belief they're a bit too old to be doing an observational sketch show and I did get that feeling sadly from a few sketches. In particular, the chavs in the library didn't seem to have much point. I can see exactly this kind of behaviour if I walk around where I live. I think the 'Hoodies' sketch last time was a much funnier idea.

That said, I did enjoy it on the whole and I'll throw my name is as another fan of the 'Saw You Coming' sketches. The 'When Harry Met Sally' sketch was also a standout.

Oh, I didn't even get that it was about Levi Roots. D'oh.

Can somebody explain Parking Pataweyo to me?

Don't get me wrong, I pissed myself laughing at it, but mainly because I couldn't believe they got away with something so overtly racist.

It didn't seem to have any right-on subtexts at all.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 29 2010, 7:37 PM BST

Finally!

(I think it was just playing up to the stereotype of Nigerian minor-authority figures acting like SS recruits.)

Ah Yes!! "Cameron's a Queer" .... that to me, was the sketch I vaguely mentioned above, which seemed like a knock on effect from "40-45 ...ffff fourty-45"

Oh well, that's how I see it.

All the best,
Cal

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 29 2010, 7:37 PM BST

Can somebody explain Parking Pataweyo to me?

Don't get me wrong, I pissed myself laughing at it, but mainly because I couldn't believe they got away with something so overtly racist.

What was racist about it? It could just be we have different kinds of racism here in America and I don't fully understand British parking enforcement. To me Pateweyo was doing a job to the letter and showed the everyday racism of the cop and builder. That sense of entitlement; that natural born people are above the law and superior to immigrants.

Quote: MTpromises @ September 29 2010, 9:32 PM BST

To me Pateweyo was doing a job to the letter

In the UK that is not generally considered a good thing, so not exactly positive reinforcement.

Thought the show was okay.

Just watched it.
I thought it was great, not many misses in my book.
I've always been a big Enfield fan though.

If they keep up that standard then I'll watch it while it's actually on.

Nice to see the guy from NewsJack as Paul McCartney.
Lewis McLeod?
The one that does all the impressions anyway.