The Inbetweeners - Series 3 Page 22

Quote: David Bussell @ September 29 2010, 8:16 AM BST

Fair enough, I'd forgotten about those (mainly because I haven't seen any of them). Didn't realise Three's Company was originally British.

Man About The House.

Quote: Aaron @ September 27 2010, 11:11 PM BST

A few good laughs, but after the excellent episode 2 it really felt lacklustre overall. None of those truly magical moments.

This, although I didn't even have any 'good laughs'. A few smiles though.
I suppose this is why comedy writing is such a difficult thing to do - I really don't understand what people who thought it was practically the funniest thing ever were seeing.

Quote: zooo @ September 28 2010, 10:56 AM BST

Sloppy level of writing?
I do like it when amateurs critique successful TV writers... ;)

Yeah, someone even had a go at Tim once Angry

Quote: zooo @ September 28 2010, 12:38 PM BST

In the end I actually rather liked his pink cardigan and bowtie.
Not with the shorts though.

? Were there shorts? :S

Quote: Jack Massey @ September 28 2010, 5:31 PM BST

so I'm watching all my telly through the internet (BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 40Detc)

How many times have you used that one, to the nearest 1?

Quote: David Bussell @ September 28 2010, 6:40 PM BST

Discuss, fans...

http://www.avclub.com/articles/mtv-to-adapt-cult-british-comedy-the-inbetweeners,45710/

Oh for f**k's sake Rolling eyes

Quote: Moonstone @ September 29 2010, 2:55 PM BST

? Were there shorts? :S

Yep! When he put on the full outfit in the shop. It wasn't pretty.

Quote: zooo @ September 29 2010, 3:00 PM BST

Yep! When he put on the full outfit in the shop. It wasn't pretty.

Ew, I don't remember that. Maybe it's just cos I wasn't looking in that area you dorty gorl! Aaron goes out the room for 2 minutes to fix some pasta and... :P

Ha!

Quote: David Bussell @ September 28 2010, 9:04 PM BST

Maybe, but I'm talking about out-and-out remakes, like Peep Show, Spaced and Red Dwarf.

Dear John..., Till Death Do Us Part and Steptoe & Son were all remade succsefully for the US market.

Who knew CBBC could be so dirty?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0igo6o4x0XI

Enjoyable episode, but I am finding it increasingly contrived.

A few bits felt a little less realistic than I've come to expect (particularly Simon punching his own penis), but nevertheless a very funny episode with some proper laugh-out-loud and gross-out moments.

I loved the plant eating and the naked Simon.

Great episode, I laughed a lot.

The weeing was amazing.

That's happened to me before, I understand Will's disgust!

That was the best episode of the series so far for me, in terms of laugh out loud moments per episode and a lot of big laughs too. Some classic lines, one I will watch over and over no doubt. I do think that Simon's punching himself was a bit of an overreaction, I can understand his exasperation at such a moment but I sometimes think his character is a bit "over-acting" and "dramatic". Sad to see Tara go out of it though, she was a good character. I didn't see Carli in the 5th episode and the 6th is about camping so it looks like the remainder of the series and the movie even perhaps is set to focus on the boys and new one-off characters...

I think the girls have always been a bit weak. Certainly don't get given any funny lines. They're just there to create situations. So I don't really think it's missing anything when they're not there.