Tee hee.

Mixed but the hits were strong

even made Lenny Henry funny

Quote: sootyj @ September 28 2010, 10:07 PM BST

Lenny Henry

That was the final straw.

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 28 2010, 10:03 PM BST

Kevin Eldon.

He was also reprising his impersonation of Sir George Martin, originally seen in the (funnier) Big Train sketch...

George Martin Kidnapped :)

Yes, his George Martin is excellent. I thought I'd seen it before.

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 28 2010, 10:12 PM BST

originally seen in the (funnier) Big Train sketch...

Agreed.

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 28 2010, 10:12 PM BST

He was also reprising his impersonation of Sir George Martin, originally seen in the (funnier) Big Train sketch...

He did it in his Edinburgh show this year too, though it was George Martin as Hitler.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 28 2010, 10:15 PM BST

He did it in his Edinburgh show this year too, though it was George Martin as Hitler.

Sounds good. :)

Oh bloody hell, nice one! I thought the second series of this (yes, Tim, that's what I said) was very strong. I'll have to iPlayer it, but with much joy and expectation in my heart. And yeah, I'm with BCG - it's series 3, feck sake.

Whatever the variability in strength of the material, Harry and Paul remain our two most talented broad(ish) comedy performers.

Really liked 'The Benefit Family' and the two old buffers in the club... The surgeons are always welcome too... The Beatles sketch didn't really work and was too long, but had some nice touches... Have never really found much funny (beyond the initial premise) in the 'I Saw You Coming' sketches - but I like Harry's performance in it... Berlusconi skit - OK I s'pose... Loved the Brief Encounter/When Harry Met Sally Movie Original - reinventing the wheel, of course, but always welcome (and nice to see Big Suze getting out and showing her comedy range)... 'Mr Psycho Bean' - a good, unexpected moment - never sure about parodying comedy though... The 'Geezer-With-Artistic-Aspirations' sketches aren't particularly funny, but are somewhat touchingly earnest... And the 'Dragon's Den' skits are worth watching just for the pitch-perfect performances...

A mixed bag (predictably), but overall a strong start, I thought. Think most people watching will get at least a few laughs out of every half-hour. A different take on sketch, of course, but this was a stronger start than M&W Look S4.

I thought this was f**king fantastic. And really quite shocking too.

A good 8/10 hit rate.

I saw you coming is enjoyble especially if you've ever lived around Notting Hill.

But it now feels a bit past it's prime.

Yup, "past it's prime" ... sums up this latest series so far (in my opinion)

I was really looking forward to this "Series 3" ??? .... but barely broke more than a smile at occassional sketches. Too much of "the old stuff" pushed for new laughs, with some new material, which to be honest, didn't really work.

Let's face it, if some other comedy due tried Mr "Psycho" Bean, surely we would all be saying "what a pile of mince!!!". Also, Notting Hill, where are they going to go with that? ... weekly doze of "I really saw you coming" (Across the Street antics) no doubt?

You could also detect the sketch, where the old "40-45! .. 40-45?" routine has been rehashed, hmm?

Oh well, it's the first outing, so I'll give it a fair chance ... at least for Paul's acting skills (always a pleasure to watch)

All the best,
Cal

I've lived in Notting Hill, and never liked "I saw you coming". There's some humour in the basic idea of them, but the execution is and always has been a complete flatliner comedy void.

Anyway, last night's episode. Really enjoyed it. Miles about That Mitchell And Webb Look Series 4, as noted, and a bloody good hit rate throughout. I don't think I laughed at every sketch, but I certainly enjoyed the vast majority of them. I've never been a fan of the Dragons' Den spoofs, but even those tickled me (well, the blacking up did anyway) this time. I agree with Kevin - 8/10 is a good mark for this first episode.

I was not entirely keen on the episode. While I liked th Dragons' Den sketches, most of it did not fill me with much confidence, and I think the Mr. Bean sketch was just tasteless.