Whites

Alan Davies is starring as chef 'Roland White' in a new BBC Two sitcom written by Matt King (Super Hans from Peep Show) and Oliver Lansley.

Sound good or bad?

Starts on Tuesday at 9pm.

http://bluenunblog.wordpress.com/2010/09/22/super-hans-co-writes-new-alan-davies-sitcom/

I saw the pilot, and I remember it being pretty good!
So I'm rather looking forward to it.

Yes, it was very funny. Looking forward to it.

Sounds racist to me

When I heard that Alan Davies was going to star in a sitcom a bit of me inside died.

I will watch the first episode only so I come back on here to say 'I told you it's rubbish'.

Except it won't be. So HA! to you.

Yeah? You can quote me in the newsletter. You'll see. I'm always right, except about the last series of Shooting Stars.

The show is co-written by Oliver Lansley (who wrote FM for the BBC in 2009) and Peep Show's Matt King (who plays Super Hans).

Wasn't FM on an ITV channel?

I'll give it a watch, the cast looks quite good.

I expect he's playing a lazy, non-animated chef with long girly curly hair and looks and sounds exactly like the bloke who sits on the right of Stephen Fry on QI.

I liked him in that underated Love Is A Many Splintered Thing (?) sitcom. And he's good playing the dog in that Radio 4 sitcom whose name I'm also not sure of.

I like Alan Davies. I've been enjoying his recent prog on Channel 4.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ September 23 2010, 8:45 AM BST

I like Alan Davies. I've been enjoying his recent prog on Channel 4.

Yes, he has an easy going affable charm. Last one of those Teenage things tonight too.

Quote: chipolata @ September 23 2010, 8:50 AM BST

Yes, he has an easy going affable charm. Last one of those Teenage things tonight too.

He gets into comedy in tonight's ep. Ah, the good old days of alternative comedy.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ September 23 2010, 8:51 AM BST

He gets into comedy in tonight's ep.

I thought he got into it last week by pissing in a Tory's mail box!

Quote: chipolata @ September 23 2010, 8:59 AM BST

I thought he got into it last week by pissing in a Tory's mail box!

I thang yo!

And then apologising for it to Norman bleedin' Tebbit!