The Omid Djalili Show - Series 1

Check out these clips to get a sneak preview of the new BBC comedy

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/856925/road_rage_omid_djalili/

Not the best time to lose your rag behind the wheel!

I like Omid, he's a likeable guy, but he's never struck me as a heavyweight talent.

that was a good one :)

Great show. Seriously, really enjoyable. Nice variety of sketches, some standup bits, generally a good mix. Plenty of laugh out loud moments, and a good feeling to it. Hope it gets the kudos it deserves.

And great to see something good on on a Saturday night!

Bloody awful.

Typical 'I'm not English' comedy. (See Gina Yashere)

Boring and unoriginal - bit like his stand up, which is also appalling. Hackneyed references, and lots of putting on of accents. If a white comic did loads of turgid stereotyping it'd be called racist, but he does it and it's called intelligent.

Really quite shit.

Quote: Seefacts @ November 17, 2007, 10:08 PM

If a white comic did loads of turgid stereotyping it'd be called racist, but he does it and it's called intelligent.

That kind of hypocrisy is rampant throughout modern society unfortunately. I blame the PC crowd.

unoriginal

I do love this criticism though. Laughing out loud

Not bad I thought, after Armstrong and Miller another pretty decent mainstream comedy. I liked the stand up bits, though I have all ready heard him do all those bits before, so Itll be better in future episodes when he gets onto material I havent heard.

Bit mixed I thought.I liked the Osama sketch but wasn't the constant laughs I wanted.Think my sense of humour is on holiday-I dont like anything at the moment (though I have chuckled at stuff on here!)
The show seemed a bit like something you'd expect from a newcomer finding their feet.If it was an unknown,rather than Omid I dont know that it would have got made.

Haven't seen it yet, but on every other show he's done he's been using the same material that he wrote about 7 years ago (no lie). He's a likable bloke though, so I'll check this out. Any repeat times?

If a white comic did loads of turgid stereotyping it'd be called racist, but he does it and it's called intelligent.

I don't really think that's true. Little Britain and Catherine Tate do lots of dodgy material like that and they get praised beyond belief.

Bizarrely, it would appear that it's just got the one showing. Pity really.

Does Bobby Penguin work for the BBC?

Quote: Aaron @ November 17, 2007, 10:14 PM

I do love this criticism though. Laughing out loud

What's so funny about that then?

The implication that something is only good if it is original, and automatically not if it isn't.

Quote: Aaron @ November 18, 2007, 1:21 PM

The implication that something is only good if it is original, and automatically not if it isn't.

Well, to an extent that's true.

All Turks work in kebab shops - I wonder if Harry Enfield has been on the phone?

There were no new ideas or new takes on other nations at all.

Quote: Martin Holmes @ November 18, 2007, 12:02 AM

Haven't seen it yet, but on every other show he's done he's been using the same material that he wrote about 7 years ago (no lie).

The bad news is he repeated a lot of his stand-up act again (belly dance, management consultant, Abu Hamza etc etc) so you didn't miss that much new Martin.

As has been said above though - the sketches were alright. I was impressed with the effort that went into a couple - like the musical. The Bin Laden one was good too.