Vic Reeves' House Arrest

Anyone else hear Vics new show on Radio 2 today? I thought it was pretty good, basically Vic talking nonsense for half an hour, with added Bob Mortimer and Noel Fielding building a boat out of sausages. If you don't like Reeves, youll hate this, but for those of you who do, theres plenty of enjoyable silliness to, er, enjoy. So good stuff, but when are he and Bob going to do a new TV series?! I loved Catterick and want to see what they go on to do next!

I've always liked Reeves. I must start listening to some radio stuff! Cheers Matt!

Depsite being told about this I didn't wake up in time. I did hear The Flight of The Conchords after it though!!

I will have to wait till it's up on Listen Again. (if it is.)

Quote: zooo @ November 17, 2007, 4:28 PM

Depsite being told about this I didn't wake up in time. I did hear The Flight of The Conchords after it though!!

I will have to wait till it's up on Listen Again. (if it is.)

It will be tomorrow probably. I had to drag myself out of bed to listen to it myself-one o'clock, what were they thinking?! Thats like, first thing in the afternoon! Whos together by then??

Nutters like me are! I was up at 05:15 (only 'cos I'm working though!) ;)

When I'm not working I have a lie in 'til about 08:30!

Us OAP's don't need much sleep!

I listened.

And enjoyed it although I wasn't expecting it but Radio 2 on a Saturday is generally great all day - except for that short arsed twat off the reality shows.

I heard it but stopped paying attention after 15 minutes. I like some of the surreal stuff Vic Reeves comes up with but other times it just comes across like a 6th former's attempt at avant garde humour.

Quote: Winterlight @ November 17, 2007, 6:08 PM

I heard it but stopped paying attention after 15 minutes. I like some of the surreal stuff Vic Reeves comes up with but other times it just comes across like a 6th former's attempt at avant garde humour.

Any Six former coming up with the stuff Vic does should be signed up and given his own series right now!!

It slightly annoys me when people write off surreal stuff as easy, or random nonsense anyone could come up with, because its simply not true. Any one can gibber silly rubbish, but not any one can actually make it genuinly funny.

"Make me a galleon out of these sausages" - if that's the height of surreal humour then whoop-dee-doo! It's hardly Peter Cook is it?! Although saying that he came up with some real stinkers as well. I just don't think its possible to come up with surreal humour that is consistently funny. It can start to grate and just turn into gibberish.

Quote: zooo @ November 17, 2007, 4:28 PM

Depsite being told about this I didn't wake up in time.

Jesus girl, what time did you go to bed?!

Quote: Winterlight @ November 17, 2007, 6:57 PM

"Make me a galleon out of these sausages" - if that's the height of surreal humour then whoop-dee-doo! It's hardly Peter Cook is it?! Although saying that he came up with some real stinkers as well. I just don't think its possible to come up with surreal humour that is consistently funny. It can start to grate and just turn into gibberish.

Well the sausage thing made me laugh!! And of course it cant be consistently funny, but then what style of comedy is? There are always bits you find funny and bits that pass you by, thats just the way it is.