Is there any potential in my song(s) for stage

Just wanted some advice on wether people think any of my songs (potentially after being edited, slowed down and/or cut a bit) have potential to be taken to the stage.

I have been performing standup comedy since 2007 (although last year due to uni not as much as I would have liked), and during that time it has gone pretty well as I have MC'd and opened for various gigs around the country. Just wondering if anyone thinks any of my songs, which can all be found on my YouTube, have stage potential.

Any constructive advice appreciated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdxX6k-1Z6g (my latest song)

and www.youtube.com/comedyilr
for the rest... cheers.

Cheers.

Ian

Hi Ian, good to see you here. This needs moving to critique though, where's Leevil when you need him?

Quote: eLRo @ September 16 2010, 2:10 PM BST

Just wanted some advice on wether people think any of my songs (potentially after being edited, slowed down and/or cut a bit) have potential to be taken to the stage.

I have been performing standup comedy since 2007 (although last year due to uni not as much as I would have liked), and during that time it has gone pretty well as I have MC'd and opened for various gigs around the country. Just wondering if anyone thinks any of my songs, which can all be found on my YouTube, have stage potential.

Any constructive advice appreciated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdxX6k-1Z6g (my latest song)

and www.youtube.com/comedyilr
for the rest... cheers.

Cheers.

Ian

Sure, this has lots of scope for being performed on stage. Backing track, bit of costume and you're away. It's a good tune too with some clever lyrics. The recurring "weeuuurgh" motif really holds it together and the bit with the Guardian reader type cutting in showed off your scope as a performer nicely. Good luck with it, Ian.

Thanks David! Appreciate it.

This site clearly is a lot more positive than chortle...

Cheers!

I told you! Always trust the Nat.

Quote: eLRo @ September 16 2010, 2:23 PM BST

Thanks David! Appreciate it.

This site clearly is a lot more positive than chortle...

Cheers!

Chortle is an angry place. This place mostly only gets angry when people take umbrage to honest criticism. Welcome home, son!

I feel like I've found the haven of people interested in comedy, who aren't actually bitter because they're slightly older than you and not quite as successful as they hoped they'd be.

And it was so obviously named "comedy.co.uk" and yet I have only just been introduced to it!