Lee Nelson's Well Good Show Page 3

Yes he was.
At least I definitely remember the Lee Nelson character on the Wall

The football character is quite good.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ June 18 2010, 1:30 PM BST

The audience-based bits work better than the sketches, but he is a very good character actor.

This.

Quote: chipolata @ June 18 2010, 2:07 PM BST

>_< I see. I might have watched it if I'd known.

If only there was a website where you could find out such information.

Only watched the first episode so far but found it a lot funnier than I expected it to be. Thought it would be entirely based on laughing at chavs, but he doesn't take the piss out of himself as much as I expected and is (bizarrely) a very likeable character.

I did like that the Omelette guy was genuinely laughing along with a lot of it, so doubt it was as scripted as thought. I think Simon Brodkin does this character on the circuit so those bits are probably practiced to high heaven but not necessarily scripted, so credit to him for improvising so quickly.

Will definitely keep watching this one. Better than a lot of more recent comedy stuff, in my opinion.

I'm sure Simon Brodkin was in some radio sketch show. Thought it was Recorded For Training Purposes but can't find reference to him.

EDIT: Ah, it was Tilt. Think he may even have been doing the David Tennant impression in my Dr Whom sketch!

Dan

The main Chav character is great, and likeable; not keen on the other two though, the footballer or the doctor.

Laughing out loud Great interaction again.

Just catching up on episode one.

Quote: Nil Putters @ July 1 2010, 10:44 PM BST

Laughing out loud Great interaction again.

I agree, although someone of it makes me feel a bit tense as he moves his way around the room full of uncomfortable looking people who desperately don't want him to go up to them. :D

I would have liked to have seen how things would have worked if rather than cutaway sketches he interacted with the audience as the other charaters too. They are probably there to make the filming time shorter in the studio but they are the weakest element like people keep saying.

Surprised he gets away with this format, as it is clearly an Ali G rip off.

edited by zooo for capital letters

Not really though, is it? Same concept, different characters and execution.

jus seemed a lower standard to the ali g show to me.the whole bein the youthful idiot with slang talkin bout his girlfriend,interchanging with sketches.even his fat mate reminded me when ali g would involve his dj.maybe jus cos I don't find him funny

Well I think most people would agree with you that it's not as good as Ali G. Unfortunately there is very rarely a truly original idea anymore. It's hard to create something which won't be compared to one of it's predecessors (sp?).

Quote: buyon ferry @ September 1 2010, 8:19 PM BST

jus seemed a lower standard to the ali g show to me.the whole bein the youthful idiot with slang talkin bout his girlfriend,interchanging with sketches.even his fat mate reminded me when ali g would involve his dj.maybe jus cos I don't find him funny

Please use capitals in your posts, buyon. It's a rule of the board. :)

Quote: zooo @ September 1 2010, 9:04 PM BST

Please use capitals in your posts, buyon. It's a rule of the board. :)

No probz.Any slip up is not intentional