The Simpsons Page 2

I think it's still good, I wish Channel 4 would stop with the endless repeats though.

I remember 1 episode being repeated 3 times in a month in the 6pm slot, it's like they just pull a disc out and go "shove that in, no one will notice"

Favourite episode is when Bart sells his soul and the scene with Garden of Eden when the piano player conks out.

Not mine, but I want one.

Loving that! Be a good wallpaper on the laptop.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 26 2010, 10:33 PM BST

It's been a bit cack for a while, hasn't it? Probably should have ended a decade ago, but it was obvioulsy amazing in the nineties.

What he said.

They still have some very funny gags, but they're now coupled with weak plots which don't engage.

Banksy directs the latest couch gag... http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2dTGsm/www.designtaxi.com/news/33163/Banksy-Directs-The-Simpsons-Opening-Sequence//r:t

One of the best characters would have to be Frank Grimes or "Grimey" to his friends from Homers Enemey.

Quote: David Bussell @ October 11 2010, 10:19 AM BST

Banksy directs the latest couch gag... http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2dTGsm/www.designtaxi.com/news/33163/Banksy-Directs-The-Simpsons-Opening-Sequence//r:t

Are we definitely sure this isn't a rather good joke on behalf of the show's writers and animators? What better way to satirise Banksy than to fake one of his trite "political statements"? Hoaxing the public into thinking this was a piece of his art? (And, in turn, giving Banksy himself a gentle dig in the ribs.)

The Simpsons lot are very clever lads and lasses, I wouldn't put it past them...

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 16 2010, 12:20 AM BST

The Simpsons lot are very clever lads and lasses,

They were in the nineties, at least.

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 16 2010, 12:20 AM BST

Are we definitely sure this isn't a rather good joke on behalf of the show's writers and animators? What better way to satirise Banksy than to fake one of his trite "political statements"? Hoaxing the public into thinking this was a piece of his art? (And, in turn, giving Banksy himself a gentle dig in the ribs.)

The Simpsons lot are very clever lads and lasses, I wouldn't put it past them...

Well it was originally posted on Banksy's official YouTube channel so I don't think that's a possibility.

Which begs the question what role did Banksy actually have in this? He's a talented stencil maker but there is no way he can produce something like that. It's a seamless work of animation obviously done by a professional team. Did he come up with the concept? Or what? Did he even have a role in it or is his YouTube channel infact ironically owned and run by some corporate entertainment company?

My favourite one has to be the beer baron ones, Classic. fav character is comic book guy.

I love this character:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOubPWGUhQo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpQVIlWPmac

But my overall favourites are probably Barney, Homer and Moe.

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 26 2010, 10:54 PM GMT

Not mine, but I want one.

I have a Fat Tony one of those. :D

Favourite episode is the Springfield Connection where Marge becomes a cop. So many good throwaway lines; "from this point on, no talking" and "giving three card monty a bad name!"

Most from 1992-1995 are classic to be honest. Very honourable mention for Mr Plow. "Are you fully licenced and bonded by the city Mr Plow?" "Shut up boy." Outstanding.

Quote: AngieBaby @ August 26 2010, 9:13 PM GMT

One of my fave eps was the chilli-eating one when Homer starts hallucinating.

I echo this. Also 'The Computer wore menace shoes', where Homer starts his own website revealing secrets about various people and ends up on an island like in 'The Prisoner'.

There was a time when you had to watch the brand new episode on Sky every Sunday but for the last 6-7 years it has definitely wained. I did like the movie quite a bit though.

I loved the bit where Homer was rumaging with his hand searching down the back of the couch.

Ow pointy, eeeew slimey, eeeeek moving.