The Klang Show Page 2

Quote: Aaron @ August 16 2010, 10:46 PM BST

What did they give the audience? They're laughing like brainless morons at every other line. Incredibly distracting.

Yes, they were a bit excitable. I got the impression they were hardcore Klang fans, rather than people seeing them for the first time.

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 16 2010, 10:54 PM BST

Was this any better than the last bollocks?

No.

A few ... well, not laughs as such, but certainly sniggers from me, but they were too few and far between. Overwhelmingly tedious mediocrity. Really, really dragged. Banish them to fringe theatre tours.

I'll give it a miss then.

Isn't nice to know you keep going long enough and you get rewarded with a TV show for your efforts.

However dreadful they maybe.

I managed 10 minutes and switched to Dragon's Den. Where some man got £300,000 for some shitty electronic traffic cones he made in his shed.

I preferred the previous show.
And I was trying to like this one.

I thought the Ethics Song was good, and the fruit stuff. The vomitting puppets were rubbish, as were a lot of the filmed segments. But I find the tall one weirdly watchable.

Helpless with laughter at the bit where Greg came onto Marek, very funny indeed.

Still liking the outtakes-left-in vibe. (Even if they are set up).

I became a bit disengaged during the fruit and veg segment but it picked up again with the newspaper headlines about Greg being fat / Fritzl-ish.

The Klangdid Camera bit where Greg had his pink willy out was another big laugh from me. Didn't find the Hepatitis Sea / food down pants segment all that funny though.

All-in-all though, a really promising pilot I thought. Loads of niggles but Klang's enthusiasm, innate charm and funniness wins through.

Call me weird but I really liked this. Few bits fell flat but on the whole there were lots of big laughs throughout.

I guess this is going to be like the other show and completely divide people.

I get the impression the Beeb would like another Boosh, which is why Klang got to try another style of show not long after the last one they did. Unfortunately for Klang they haven't any Noel Fielding-like pretty boys to pull in the girlies. On here the Klang seem to mainly appeal to the odd-looking man demographic.

Quote: chipolata @ August 16 2010, 10:00 PM BST

It goes against everything I stand for to like something Lucas does...

OMG, I'm, like, what a bitch.

Quote: chipolata @ August 17 2010, 8:05 AM BST

On here the Klang seem to mainly appeal to the odd-looking man demographic.

Morning.

Thought there was some very funny stuff in last night's show. I actually rather liked the last format, but there's enough in this sketch format to warrant a series.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ August 17 2010, 9:38 AM BST

Thought there was some very funny stuff in last night's show. I actually rather liked the last format, but there's enough in this sketch format to warrant a series.

I never saw that show, which is a shame as I think they get funnier the more you see them. And I wonder if three odd-faced guys approaching middle-age are likely to get a BBC3 series.

Quote: chipolata @ August 17 2010, 12:17 PM BST

I wonder if three odd-faced guys approaching middle-age are likely to get a BBC3 series.

Well, they've already had a full series, and this new pilot, on BBC3.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 17 2010, 12:26 PM BST

Well, they've already had a full series, and this new pilot, on BBC3.

I know they have. But we maybe they're running out of lifelines on that channel. I wonder if they'll get another beeb 3 show offered if this one doesn't get picked up.

I don't know why I've even downloaded this as I hated the previous show. But, I don't think I can make it through five minutes.

It was okay, but there weren't enough solid sections, enough stand out set pieces; it was mainly lots of very quick, not very funny or devloped bit-ettes. It seemed like not much effort had been put into the actual writing.