Only Fools mistakes

I was watching the Granddad funeral episode the other day and saw what look like a large shadow of a camera on the door just behind Del (I think it’s as Mike was leaving)

Has anyone else notice this.

Barry

there was a big mistake in "jam and jerusalem" aswell, if you watch carefully, you'll see that it's pure and utter shit.

Remember the episode "The Frog's Legacy", well Del Boy hears of Freddie the Frog for the first time. In the final episode "Sleepless in Peckham", where you find out Freddie the Frog is Rodney's father, you find out Del knew him when he was 15.

Quote: Jack Massey @ January 12, 2007, 7:45 PM

Remember the episode "The Frog's Legacy", well Del Boy hears of Freddie the Frog for the first time. In the final episode "Sleepless in Peckham", where you find out Freddie the Frog is Rodney's father, you find out Del knew him when he was 15.

And in Frog's Legacy, Del says Joan Sims was Trig's Aunt Rene - also mentioned in Chain Gang - but in Sleepless in Peckham, Del says it was HIS Aunt Rene. It's a bit like Boycie saying in The Green Green Grass that his first name is Aubrey, when that's really his middle name. Just goes to show: John Sullivan is now the most rubbish writer in Britain. Shame.

I don't think John Sullivan has declined quite that far.

In defence of John Sullivan, he has earned the right to be a bit rubbish now. Not only did he give us Only Fools and Horses, but he also gave us Dear John and Just Good Friends. And that taxi thing he did a few years back was pretty good.

Dear John was great! Me and my Mum love it!

Dear John was great! Me and my Mum love it! Roger Roger was good too and, to a lesser extent perhaps, Just Good Friends. Penny was a bit too snobby though.

Dear John... truly is a forgotten gem. Thank God it'll [hopefully] be out on DVD before too long.

Don’t forget he also wrote Citizen Smith, that was good

Citizen Smith is the second best sitcom ever, only Dads Army beats it

Dear John is available on video from Playback.

I've seen all the Citizen Smiths eps, but I wouldn't say it's the second best ever. I think I smiled a few times but never really laughed. Only Fools is the best ever!

CS is alright, but misses the mark too much IMO for it to be even in the top twenty. And any releases of Dear John... are long deleted now, unfortunately!

Every episode of Dear John is going to be released on 4th June 2007

As mentioned elsewhere, that may unfortunately no longer be the case; I was told by the distributors that the associated releases had been "removed from the schedule". Either way, the fact that they have been at least thinking about it is a positive step in itself!

Quote: Jack Massey @ January 19, 2007, 3:58 PM

Every episode of Dear John is going to be released on 4th June 2007

oh i loved dear john.