Blackadder Page 4

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 19 2009, 4:41 PM GMT

It's 2 and 4 coming out tops for me.

Ditto.

Top-notch ensemble comedy acting to me - Atkinson, Fry, Laurie, Miranda Richardson. A level above the likes of Gervais, Martin Freeman, McKenzie Crook, etc. Although I did really like The Office of course. Only Seinfeld can compare cast wise.

The 3rd is easily the best. The Johnson episode is genius.

Miranda Richardson in series two is amazing. Behind Blackadder, Queen Elizabeth is probably my second favourite character in the whole series. She wasn't bad to look at in her Royal outfit either, if completely stark raving bonkers.

I think whilst 4 was great the legendary ending clouds peoples view into how good the series was as a whole.

For me Series 2 is the best.

Same as Zooo - 2 and 3, then 4, then 1.

Same as Zooo and SlagA

1st: 2nd
2nd: 3rd
3rd: 4th
4th: 1st

Or, if you prefer:

1st: 4th
2nd: 1st
3rd: 2nd
4th: 1st

That's clear enough, isn't it?

Anyone else think series 1 is underrated?

Quote: Badhead @ July 22 2010, 3:16 PM BST

Yes. It's vastly underrated, very good in spots. It has great moments. The witchsmeller pursuivant episode is really good I think and stands alongside some of the other series. Blessed is great as always, Percy too and Peter Cook's good in the opening episode. A very good series for me, obviously clearly the worst one though.

Regency (series 3) has always been my fave, very closely followed by 2 and 4 (equal).

Quote: Ben @ July 22 2010, 3:16 PM BST

Yes.

I wouldn't put any of them above the other myself. I'd liked all four and saw it as an evolution, Ben.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ July 31 2010, 10:38 AM BST

Yes.

I wouldn't put any of them above the other myself. I'd liked all four and saw it as an evolution, Ben.

What are you playing at, you old tinker? Oh wait, the evolution thing. I see!

I never go back and watch series 1. I really like series 3!

I'm not sure I've ever actually seen all of the first series. I suppose I must have. Maybe. Love 2-4 though, especially series 2.

2, 3 and 4 are all great. But I'm rather fond of series 3.

Quote: zooo @ February 19 2009, 10:37 PM BST

I like 2nd and 3rd equally, then 4th third and 1st last.

I do like a good confusing sentence...

This. Can never decide between 2 and 3 for my faves. I think Edmund is at his most ruthless in 3.

Among my children, they like the third series the best.