Green Wing - It's all over! Page 5

Quote: alex @ January 9, 2007, 11:19 PM

But by the wedding things were actually back to madness - as Mac said once, 'normality is restored'.

Oooh, good point! I'd forgotten he said that!

oh I'd forgotten too!-the irony! and alas no signing for me- my mummy wouldnt let me

Re the alternative ending - the writers were unanimously in favour of the ending that was shown. We were lucky to get the "alternative" ending, which I personally prefer, on the dvd. But hey. They're the writers, they own the characters.

No woman in her right mind (or even Caroline) would marry either Guy or Martin.

Quote: Arpie @ January 5, 2007, 8:44 AM

...But did they?

It's pretty hard to kill yourself, naked, in the softly sloshing summer sea if you can swim a bit...

So can they swim a bit?

I dont think Staham can...do you remember when he kills the dwarf and he's saying "I cant eat, I cant think, I cant sleep, I cant swim" and Joanna just says "oh..." a hint?

Probably just his odd-ness.

Judging from Martin's funeral mime, I think that Angela was shot dead in a freak moose hunting accident. I think that her head exploded when hit by a shotgun shell. What do you think?

Joanna and Alan might survive by swimming back to shore, like Reginald Perrin!

I don't know about swimming back to shore; I think that they probably just totally failed to kill themselves. It would carry on their characters perfectly.

As this thread has lain unmolested for twelve and a half years it seems absolutely appropriate for me to kill it stone dead with the following bit of GW triv.

Just to jog our memories about the ending of series one; amongst other improbable events Guy has done a sex to Joanna, then discovered the awful truth, got hammered and stolen an ambulance - in which he is racing towards the coast, presumably with suicide in mind.

At one point in the ensuing police pursuit the rozzers attempt to reason with him using the ambulance's radio but Guy is having none of it. "FUCK OFF, KOJAK!", he yells into the hand mic, ripping the radio from the dashboard and chucking it out of the window.

I found this very, very amusing as the line has a lovely rhythm and Kojak seems a rather dated choice of police officers from pop culture, but is probably the funniest.

... or is there more to this slightly odd line?

Well. Here are the words of the (fake) Sir Paul McCartney MBE on relations with Lennon in later years:

" I would ring him when I went to New York and he would say, 'Yeah, what d'you want?' 'I just thought we might meet?' 'Yeah, what the f**k d'you want, man?' I used actually to have some very frightening phone calls. Thank God they're not in my life any more. I went through a period when I would be so nervous to ring him and so insecure in myself that I actually felt like I was in the wrong. It was all very acrimonious and bitter. I remember one time John said, 'You're all pizza and fairy tales.' I thought, What a great album title! I said, 'Well, if that's what I am, I'm not wholly against that description of me. I can think of worse things to say.' But another time I called him and it was 'Yeah? Yeah? Whadda ya want?' He suddenly started to sound American. I said, 'Oh, f**k off, Kojak,' and slammed the phone down; we were having those kind of times, it was bad news."

Julian Rhind-Tutt of course plays Dr 'Mac' McCartney.

Quote: Text Lexus @ 13th August 2019, 9:11 PM

Julian Rhind-Tutt of course plays Dr 'Mac' McCartney.

!

Exactly.