List of companies to send scripts to Page 3

I've been looking through my Writers Market UK book and highlighted loads of potential ones.

I'll soon find out how good they are!

Channel 4's 4 Laugh now has a page dedicated to places to send unsolicted scipts.

ACME Shredders Unlimited is a good one!

They've accepted all mine!

Laughing out loud

Quote: Russell Greeno @ August 5, 2007, 11:54 AM

Channel 4's 4 Laugh now has a page dedicated to places to send unsolicted scipts.

You got link to that?

Quote: Russell Greeno @ August 5, 2007, 11:54 AM

It has a short list of companies, but some are a bit pointless as it states they do not accept unsolicited stuff! So why put up their details? Just to taunt us no good newbies??!!

Quote: earman2009 @ August 5, 2007, 4:26 PM

You got link to that?

I do so happen to have such a thing.

http://www.channel4.com/4laughs/feature/production/index.html

Quote: Russell Greeno @ August 6, 2007, 12:07 PM

I do so happen to have such a thing.

http://www.channel4.com/4laughs/feature/production/index.html

Thanks
:)

Does anyone feel that production companies could add some kind of symbol to their webpage, just to indicate if they are willing to accept unsolicited material, treatments as well. It would save time and money ringing them, or sending emails they seldom reply to. Just a thought.

Quote: Ray Dawson @ October 25, 2007, 10:27 PM

Does anyone feel that production companies could add some kind of symbol to their webpage, just to indicate if they are willing to accept unsolicited material, treatments as well. It would save time and money ringing them, or sending emails they seldom reply to. Just a thought.

It's a good idea Ray - how about an icon of a big boot crushing creativity for those that don't accept unsolicited material?

Sadly I don't think they will adopt any kind of industry standard in this regard however the good news is we will have a database full of production companies on our new website - and each entry will indicate whether or not scripts are accepted and, if so, what guidelines, instructions etc there are.

I think the reason they wouldn't do this, is to save themselves from a bombardment of X-Factor style wannabes looking for an easy ride. It filters out the ones willing to put in some commitment, to the others who ain't.

It would be nice though.

:D

They get enough shite sent to them as it is. i don't think they are going to encourage people to send them more.

Hellooo children. I tried trawling the production companies on this site. Angeleye were the only ones nice enough to kick me to touch in writing but it does prove there is a living breathing human on the other side. I would like a link if pos to BBC Wales unit that accepts scripts. I'm actually Welsh myself which is errr.....not interesting to anyone at all really except me mum.

Don't be too encouraged, there are a load of places to send your scripts. The question should always be, "How good is the script I'm sending?" As I've recently found out, who you know is everything. One good sitcom script led to interest and the latest is being passed around to producers based on (hopefully) another good script by hand from contacts.

The front door for production companies is the first place to start, but if you get a contact then (nicely) take advantage of them. There are loads of small production companies who say nice things, but what are they actually producing?

Yeah yeah Tim.

Don't keep rubbing it in.

LOL

Incidentally can I be your friend?

Maybe we should send our scripts to Tescos, they are into everything else?