Russell Brand Page 2

Quote: Jane P @ August 15 2009, 8:49 AM BST

Bit spooky reading the first post now.

I've not downloaded many podcasts yet - are they still available or are you recycling?

The BBC ones are usually available for only a week.

There's a one off show he did with Noel Gallagher on Talksport you can download here:

http://www.talksport.net/blogs/view.asp?id=110538

Thanks Blue Bottle. :)

I love Russell (and totally fancy him). I've really missed him, and can't wait for him to come back to dear ol' Blighty, I just hope we haven't lost him to Hollywood for ever.

Quote: AngieBaby @ August 15 2009, 6:42 PM BST

I love Russell (and totally fancy him). I've really missed him, and can't wait for him to come back to dear ol' Blighty, I just hope we haven't lost him to Hollywood for ever.

I wouldn't, but my mother-in-law would! :O

I wish he'd get a new stylist or try a different look. He always looks so samey.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ August 15 2009, 7:17 PM BST

I wouldn't, but my mother-in-law would! :O

I wish he'd get a new stylist or try a different look. He always looks so samey.

And smelly.

Quote: bamalamafizzvaj @ August 15 2009, 7:21 PM BST

And smelly.

He looks fairly well groomed to me! I remember when a sitcom actor's granddaughter sold her story about him, she said he made her use mouthwash before he'd kiss her, which put him up in my estimation. :)

I think part of Russell's appeal is how much he loves the ladies. He could get away with murder as far as I'm concerned.

Some male comedians put me off because they take no pride in their appearance. I'm sure I'd find Frank Skinner funnier if he dragged a comb through his hair occasionally. As for Marcus Brigstocke, he has a whiff of 'women hating' that I just can't get past.

*hope I'm still on topic* ;)

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ August 15 2009, 7:24 PM BST

He looks fairly well groomed to me! I remember when a sitcom actor's granddaughter sold her story about him, she said he made her use mouthwash before he'd kiss her, which put him up in my estimation. :)

Laughing out loud

And they say romance is dead....

I think one day his belly will get just that bit too big for his bullet belt, and then he's going to look a lot less attractive to his fans.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ August 15 2009, 7:24 PM BST

Perhaps he has a phobia of toothbrushes, and as such that is the only oral cleansing he receives.

Anyway. Have slightly warmed to him in the past few months, but still somewhat underwhelmed. He does look bloody grotty. And the persona I don't exactly find endearing.

Just watched Russel Brand's stand up show on Channel 4. Never seen such self admiring. People in America did not like him because his controversial comedy was lame. He makes it out like he was too schocking for them.

It's sad that childish schoolboy comedy now counts as edgy.

I thought bits of it were very funny.
He did harp on about Sachsgate a bit too much, but at the time (don't know when it was from, but was clearly before Michael Jackson died!) that was what everyone wanted to know about.

Quote: Badhead @ July 3 2010, 11:23 PM BST

Just watched Russel Brand's stand up show on Channel 4. Never seen such self admiring. People in America did not like him because his controversial comedy was lame. He makes it out like he was too schocking for them.

It's sad that childish schoolboy comedy now counts as edgy.

Be honest, did he schtup your granddaughter?

Not as out there to Americans as he thinks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP1Sxc2lBhQ

He's pretty tiresome.