Mock The Week - Series 9

According to the show's Twitter account, the new series of Mock The Week starts on 17th June at 21:00.

Also, on the website it has listed ways on how people can contribute to the show.

Your chance to contribute to Mock The Week

Have you seen a bizarre news story, a weird website or an odd product that you think our Mock The Week team would love to see or comment on? Perhaps you've taken an intriguing photo, drawn a quirky picture or just have a burning question you'd like to put to our panelists.

Well, now's your chance. Post your items together with your contact details to:

Mock The Week
Angst Productions
First Floor
79-80 Margaret Street
London
W1W 8TA

...and Dara, Hugh, Russell, Andy and our guests might discuss them on the next series of Mock The Week.

Important note: We cannot guarantee that any submission will be discussed on the programme, answered or used in any way. All submissions to us will be governed by our Standard Terms And Conditions. Items sent to Mock The Week cannot be returned.

Has anyone else noticed there's been a few re-used jokes in this series.

One was the "If This Is The Answer What Is The Question?" with the answer "3.b billion, to which Hugh said "How many times will this episode be repeated on Dave?" Andy Parsons used it in a previous series.

Russell re-used his "That's like Osama getting air miles for 9/11.

He also re-used Frankies tennis grunting being used during snooker.

Anyone else notice something similar?

Interesting. I'd not noticed the repeats, no. I guess with so many series now, and 2 hours of material required every week (the amount of time they film for, before editing it down to half-hour) it is inevitable they're going to end up repeating themselves a bit.

What I think is odd is getting guests on and then not getting them to do any stand-up. They should go back to doing four people in that round. Also, cut the pretence that round is random now. As soon as I saw Micky Flanagan on the show I just knew his topic would be restaurants (he repeats that material so often)... and, sure enough...

As an aside here's an interesting and rather honest blog post in which Mark Watson talks about the fact he has not been asked on this series: http://www.markwatsonthecomedian.com/web/2010/06/24/mark-the-weak/

Meanwhile for some reason I can't quite work out, Mock The Week isn't on next week so we've got to wait a fortnight for the next one now.

Quote: Mark @ July 2 2010, 10:55 PM BST

http://www.markwatsonthecomedian.com/web/2010/06/24/mark-the-weak/

Wow, that was very honest. Good on him. It might be MTW suicide, but he's nice-enough (and funny-enough) to get noticed doing stuff he's comfortable with. I've often thought MTW was a bit of a bear-pit.

It just goes to show that fame isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I did think some of the jokes in the last episode were weak.
maybe it was just Russell Howard.
Something about Stevie Wonder in a Maze.
I missed Frankies creativity very much at that point.

Bring back the Boyle!

Quote: Mark @ July 2 2010, 10:55 PM BST

Meanwhile for some reason I can't quite work out, Mock The Week isn't on next week so we've got to wait a fortnight for the next one now.

It is on next week according to my sky+ box but it lists the same guests as this show with Micky Flanagan etc.

Would they repeat exactly the same people 2 weeks in a row ?

Next week is a compilation show (best bits of the first three episodes, plus unseen stuff).

Well that's just stupid.

BBC Two's website says it's just a repeat of this week's episode. Which wasn't very funny - but then it was heavily reliant on football knowledge, of which I have 0.

So it does. I thought they were doing a compilation show. Obviously not.

The next new show goes out on the 15th July then.

Quote: RJ @ July 3 2010, 8:46 PM BST

So it does. I thought they were doing a compilation show. Obviously not.

Not impossible, but I think they'd struggle after just 3 eps. Maybe they're betting on nothing except sport having happened again!

It wouldn't have been a struggle to find extra material. You'd be surprised - each recording goes on for about three hours.

I've been to numerous Mock The Week recordings so I know that a lot of (and by far the best) material is cut from broadcast - but even after 3 episodes I'd still question whether they'd have enough good-enough AND non-libellous content to transmit.

Ah. Wasn't sure if you'd been to a recording.

I think they could do it after only three - 50% of it would just be repeated stuff anyway. What would you rather see? A compilation after just three shows that has some new material, or just a repeat that has none?

Anyway, it ain't happening!