Shameless - Series 5

What do you think?

New set, but it will look the same, a lot of activity already before it airs, is this going to be the best yet?

(And who thinks Monica will go back to Norma?)

Tis is one of those programmes I missed at the start and then saw bits I liked so I really wanted to watch it right from the start.

I never got around to it and it's just too long now.

I hate Shameless.

Just thought I'd add that entirely irrelevant post to your innocent thread.
I can't even explain why I hate it, apart from that I disliked every character and so didn't give a toss what happened to any of them. Especially the dad.

First two series were excellent, third was okay and I thought it had dropped a lot in quality in series four. Lots of the best original characters have left now and it doesn't feel the same.

:D

Shameless is one of the best programmes ever!
Fabulously acted, amazingly funny & great story lines.
I cant wait for series 5.
Wooooooooooooooooooooo!

there is a promotion on dailymotion video with a series 4 catch up video and lots of clips from each episode .

Do you mean to say that you like snobbish hotel owners, arrogant, irritating bosses and.....idle space bums?

The writer, Paul Abbott, is from a similar underclass setting himself. To say that you hate them being portrayed on TV to me sounds bigoted and snobbish. It'd be like me saying that Songs of Praise shouldn't be on TV, because as an atheist I generally dislike the Church-going Christian-type.

As you can clearly tell, i am a huge fan of the show. I look forward to series 5, though i was disappointed with series 4 somewhat. Hopefully this series will produce some interesting new characters, seeing how Sheila, Kev and Veronica have all left.

Songs of praise1 When? What time?

Sign me up as a bigot too becauase the type of people in Shameless make my skin crawl and I just don't want to spend time in their company. Wasn't there a Christmas episode a few years back where the army cordoned off the estate and shot a few of the residents? I was with the army all the way.

Quote: Jason Kindred @ November 1, 2007, 4:03 PM

I mean to say I hate the ill educated, insenstive, coarse, vulgar and boorish underclass which has flourished in this country over the last ten years. I see them on street corners, in pubs, in nightclubs, in shops - I don't want to see them on my TV screen as well.

That does come across in a mighty snobbish and sneering way.

Quote: Martin Holmes @ November 2, 2007, 7:47 PM

That does come across in a mighty snobbish and sneering way.

You make being a sneering snob sound like a bad thing.

there is a series 5 preview clip up on the myspace page now to view

Quote: Martin Holmes @ October 19, 2007, 12:40 PM

First two series were excellent, third was okay and I thought it had dropped a lot in quality in series four. Lots of the best original characters have left now and it doesn't feel the same.

Ditto, I think I only watched up to series 3.

I can understand the off putting style of the show, but really, if you must, laugh at them, not with.

I personlly enjoy the new characters and am really looking forward to all 16 episodes!
I'll miss shelia , but im sure there will be enough new and development of old to carry it off.