Lee Nelson's Well Good Show

I'm surprised, surprised I 'm enjoying this. I really thought I'd hate it after seeing the trailer, but watching the second episode (right now) I've found myself laughing along at his studio antics. Not sure about the one sketch I saw (the football one) but I'm willing to give the show another go next week.

I missed the first episode but I'd be interested to see if I can find it somewhere now.

I'm sure most people will hate this, probably without even watching it, but it deserves checking out.

I saw the first episode, and like you've just put, found myself laughing at some of his audience interaction, and shrugging at the fottball player sketch.

Yes, another poor sketch (Doctor Bob) there. I think I preferred how they were handled on Al Murray's Multiple Personality Disorder, a bit shorter and quicker to punch. His footballer was better in a 'post-match' scenario.

Hate it, hate it, hate it!

Couldn't even get through 10 minutes.

I guess the character is supposed to be an ironic take on a type - but not nearly ironic enough for me!

I liked it.
He's got the main character down very well and even if some of it's a bit obvious he makes it work.

Not bad at all.

I suppose I should make the effort to watch this, seeing as how there's absolute bugger all else on.

I couldn't make it through the opening credits.

Maybe if you lot like it I'll give it another chance.

The audience-based bits work better than the sketches, but he is a very good character actor.

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 17 2010, 10:54 PM BST

I'm surprised, surprised I 'm enjoying this. I really thought I'd hate it after seeing the trailer,

Me too the trailer almost makes him look like a spoof of a bad BBC3 sit-com. What little I did see made me want to watch a gain. He knows how to work an audience.

The trailers put me off watching it. I also think it's a bit arrogant sticking your own name in the title of your show.

That's not his name though. It's Simon Brodkin isn't it?
Or were you joking.

Yeah, Lee Nelson's his character, not his name!

The trailers were pants, but in the episode I saw, he was very good at audience interaction; which seemed to be what sixty percent of the show was devoted to.

>_< I see. I might have watched it if I'd known. Although the trailer was awful enough to put me off. And if he's the main character! Doesn't bode well!

Quote: chipolata @ June 18 2010, 1:34 PM BST

I also think it's a bit arrogant sticking your own name in the title of your show.

Well I for one am looking forward to 'The James Cotter Experience'.

Quote: chipolata @ June 18 2010, 1:34 PM BST

The trailers put me off watching it. I also think it's a bit arrogant sticking your own name in the title of your show.

That's Chip's Show!