US World News Spoof

Hello all,
I was hoping for some expert help here.
I was trying to remember the name of the comedy series where they had a USA World news spoof. Something along the lines of
"Tonight in Serbia the Tamil separatists clashed with the Muslim Sandinistas in a protest in down town Kula Lumpa Meanwhile in Europe, there was a strike at a factory in Delhi, the Japanese Prime minister refused to comment from his home in Balmoral"

Set up like a male and female news team it was a series of short sketches with amazing Geographical inaccuracies.

Quote: Mr Gazz @ June 5 2010, 7:38 PM BST

Hello all,
I was hoping for some expert help here.
I was trying to remember the name of the comedy series where they had a USA World news spoof. Something along the lines of
"Tonight in Serbia the Tamil separatists clashed with the Muslim Sandinistas in a protest in down town Kula Lumpa Meanwhile in Europe, there was a strike at a factory in Delhi, the Japanese Prime minister refused to comment from his home in Balmoral"

Set up like a male and female news team it was a series of short sketches with amazing Geographical inaccuracies.

Sounds like Radio Five.

Could it have been from KYTV?

Quote: Aaron @ June 6 2010, 1:48 AM BST

Could it have been from KYTV?

Thats a good shout. I'll look it up. Hmmm Radio 5 could be...

Was it not the Day Today?

I don't think so.

It could of been that Day Today wanabee series in which the only thing that was as good were the silly reporters' names.

Also might be that channel surfing comedy which Peter Ricahrdson made in the early 90s.

I was watching some US news channel once when this newsreader kept on about Sean Finn being included in the Irish peace talks.