Facejacker - Series 1

What did people think?

I thought it was great. My highlights were the confused looking art dealer and the pin number scam.

I was a bit skeptical at first but yeah I loved it too. The old jokes are still as funny as ever in the new real world concept. Brian Bedonde and the hypnotist trying to get the guys bank details were hilarious! Laughing out loud

Quote: Mark @ April 16 2010, 11:34 PM BST

What did people think?

I thought it was great. My highlights were the confused looking art dealer

That was very funny, yeah.

I was at The Tate today, and stood in front of a Triptych art work muttering 'triptych, triptych' at myself.

I feel dirty and wrong inside for finding the show funny. Loved Terry on pridce-drop.tv, and the drive-through window. I really have to disagree on the art dealer - whilst his face when Bedonde revealed his change of medication was great, the rest of them were not funny enough, and just ended up painful to watch.

It doesn't seem to have attracted much comment round here, is that reflected in the viewing figures?

Quote: chipolata @ April 20 2010, 7:45 PM BST

It doesn't seem to have attracted much comment round here, is that reflected in the viewing figures?

Yeah, I'm surprised this show hasn't attracted more comment on here. Perhaps the problem is that it is going up against Frank Skinner's Opinionated in the schedule, and BCG'ers are watching that instead (there's always C4+1 though!)

For the record Facejacker got 1.18m viewers, which isn't that bad, but not super brilliant. I expect it might grow as word spreads that it's quite funny. Skinner got 1.86m - if the two shows didn't clash, they'd probably both start getting 2 million plus. Silly schedulers.

I thought it was funny, And Kayvan Novak is very good at what he does.

I'll keep an eye on the rest of the series.
But I did get bored of Fonejacker very quickly as I found it quite repetetive.

Didn't like this, got one or two laughs from me. Yes.

Terry Tibbs looked like Catherine Tate's 'Who me dear?' guy.

Brian Bedonde was brilliant, but I'd like to see Kayvan doing comedy without the make-up and props. He's rather dishy.

Just watched it.

Loved the art dealer guy and the Moira's fast food! haha

Thought it was very good.

Not much I didn't like.

Art dealer one was brilliant - the actual art dealer made it even funnier.

Nobody has mentioned the electronics store interviewer. "Your recommend the Jivicka" Laughing out loud "The PIC" - "I spell for you...P....C"

EDIT: Mark, you avatar really is the cheesiest I've seen a pretty cheesey avatar. :P

Some of the sketches are funny, but some of them make me uncomfortable. He's so mean to perfectly nice well-meaning people! Don't like it.
Just makes him look like a knob.

Yeah, some of it is really uncomfortable to watch, it just seems very mean-spirited. Although I'm laughing at quite a bit of it, I don't like that I'm laughing. It's just not satisfying. And thus, FAIL.

Quote: Aaron @ April 23 2010, 10:31 PM BST

Yeah, some of it is really uncomfortable to watch, it just seems very mean-spirited. Although I'm laughing at quite a bit of it, I don't like that I'm laughing.

Is any of it mean though? Nothing's actually that cruel, apart from perhaps the poor art teacher, but that bit was so funny I think it was worth it... it's much nicer than Trigger Happy TV and that sort.

Quote: Craig H @ April 22 2010, 3:49 PM BST

EDIT: Mark, you avatar really is the cheesiest

Ha ha. Thanks. I do try!

It was mainly that nice dog handler, who he manipulated into wearing that silly blue jumpsuit.