UK Animated Comedy Films

Can anyone name any UK comedy films that were animated?

I was thinking about it recently and I can't seem to think of many to name.
The only ones I can think of are Wallace and Gromit, but they were clay stop motion, not animated.

Any?

Do you mean cartoons? Because W&G is animation.

I think they're too expensive to make. Plus we don't really have any strong leaders in the industry, outside of kids cartoons.

There have been some computer generated ones: Flushed Away, Valiant, Magic Roundabout.

Magic Roundabout was a travesty!

What was Morph from the Tony Hart show? Was that animation?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ February 12 2010, 10:53 PM GMT

Indeed.

I'm really thinking about animation, like The Simpsons that I'm trying to find.

I'm trying to do a movie which is animated in a similar way. So far it seems the UK just doesn't do animation, bar off course clay stop motion of W&G and the odd Aardman film in pretty much the same way.

Would this mean it's impossible to have it made in the UK, and then you would have to try and get it made somewhere that does do animation like in the USA.

Also, one thing I think I heard was that a UK film had been sold in the UK, but produced and animated etc, in America, for it then to be shown in the UK.

Then go for it man, be a trailblazer!

Quote: Leevil @ February 16 2010, 9:11 PM GMT

trailblazer

I used to love that game.

Quote: Jimmy Carr Fan @ February 16 2010, 8:35 PM GMT

I'm trying to do a movie which is animated in a similar way. So far it seems the UK just doesn't do animation, bar off course clay stop motion of W&G and the odd Aardman film in pretty much the same way.

Whats you movie about?

Would this mean it's impossible to have it made in the UK, and then you would have to try and get it made somewhere that does do animation like in the USA.

Also, one thing I think I heard was that a UK film had been sold in the UK, but produced and animated etc, in America, for it then to be shown in the UK.

Well The Simpsons is - certainly was - actually animated in Korea. (Or Vietnam. One of them foreign places.)

So far it seems the UK just doesn't do animation, bar off course clay stop motion of W&G and the odd Aardman film in pretty much the same way.

Yes Britain still has some very good cartoon film makers, the best known one is probably Cosgrove Hall, they're still going. I'm not sure why we don't see more feature length cartoon films, but it's possibly a lack of demand thing? Cartoons just seem to fit the children's market so well that this is where they mostly stay.

I would say Kung Fu Panda, Igor and Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ February 13 2010, 4:53 AM BST

Unlike the much superior Dougal and the Blue Cat.

Only a short but Terry Giliam's The Crimson Permanent Assurance is fien piece of animated comedy.

Stressed Eric was a UK animation as far as I recall.