Frank Skinner's Opinionated - Series 1

What did people make of the first episode?

I really enjoyed it. Great feel to the show. Nice, warm tone to it, kind of 'cosy', but not in that suffocating, sickening manner. Very relaxed. Lots of good laughs too of course; Miranda Hart was particularly good I thought, very funny (she should be on TV a lot more than she is).

Very much looking forward to episode 2.

Al Murray had hair!
What are the chances of that happening!

Really enjoyed it!
Miranda should be on everything.

I thought it was fair. Frank and Miranda were good but Al Murray came across as rather boorish.

Bit like The Bubble. Fairly pointless programme - few scripted gags, audience plants. Quite like Miranda Hart and Al Murray. Always been creeped out by Skinner and I used to live in the West Mids. Skinner's dad sounded even more of a twat than he does.

Caught a few minutes of this, not impressed.

Frank seemed out of form; whilst Murray was useless, as always.

And although Miranda stepped up to the plate - clearly not for the first time - given the size of her, it wasn't nearly enough to save the show.

Very poor, indeed.

Does eating make you tall then?

Well I liked that joke, technically flawed or not, I allowed myself a titter.

Quote: zooo @ April 16 2010, 10:52 PM BST

Miranda should be on everything.

If she stretched out enough, she probably would be.

Quote: zooo @ April 17 2010, 1:37 AM BST

Does eating make you tall then?

According to my nan, eating runner beans makes you tall. Fast too. As for the show, it passed the time aimiably enough, but there was nothing distinctive or memorable about it.

Got my tickets to see this recorded in Norwich, but I haven't managed to watch this on TV yet. Hope they wrangle some good guests when I'm there.

Some very funny stuff in this. Skinner on good form. Murray, however, did appear somewhat embittered, particularly on the subject of marriage. Has he had a domestic or something?

I enjoyed it. Rather refreshing not to have any 'rules' which panel shows are forced to adhere to.

Al Murray looked like he'd gone to the wrong studio. I was surprised he sees himself as middle-class, btw.

He went to public school and Oxford. The cockney landlord thing is a persona.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 19 2010, 10:31 AM BST

Some very funny stuff in this. Skinner on good form. Murray, however, did appear somewhat embittered, particularly on the subject of marriage. Has he had a domestic or something?

Yeah, I thought it sounded as if he'd just gone through a divorce or something.