Frankie Boyle - Glad To See The Back Of Him? Page 12

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ April 14 2010, 4:08 PM BST

What about celebrities with genetic conditions?

Are dwarf actors fair game?

What do YOU thnk Kevin?? With your probing, provocative questions! :D

Personally I wouldn't make fun, at least in a public way; in a press review, or on stage, or whatever. At least not about their condition.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 14 2010, 4:13 PM BST

What do YOU thnk Kevin?? With your probing, provocative questions! :D

My plan is to lead you up a logical cul-de-sac where you all end up admitting to be being nothing but massive racists. ;)

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ April 14 2010, 4:08 PM BST

What about celebrities with genetic conditions? Are dwarf actors fair game?

If you're mocking a celebrity dwarf - and there's a lot about - because they're a dwarf, then grow the f**k up and f**k the f**k off. If you're mocking them for being talentless or a moron, then fair enough.

Quote: chipolata @ April 14 2010, 4:30 PM BST

If you're mocking a celebrity dwarf - and there's a lot about -

Jamie Cullum, Jazz Dwarf.

If you're mocking a celebrity dwarf - and there's a lot about - because they're a dwarf, then grow the f**k up and f**k the f**k off. If you're mocking them for being talentless or a moron, then fair enough.

Aha! So would it therefore be okay to mock Down's sufferers for being talentless or morons?

(I admit I am kinda taking the piss at the point)

If you're mocking a celebrity dwarf - and there's a lot about - because they're a dwarf, then grow the f**k up.

That's the trouble. They can't.

Frankie Boyle and his z-list, stand-up, ilk (so anyone who appears on 'Mock of the Week) can just f**k right off. I f**ing hate 'em!

Plus he's a Sun columnist. Enough said.

Quote: chipolata @ April 16 2010, 2:25 PM BST

Plus he's a Sun columnist. Enough said.

He has opinions as well as 'jokes'? Whatever next.

You miserable, sad, tedious bastards. No-one's making you like Frankie Boyle, but don't try to make out he hasn't got anything to say or he's not one of the funniest comics around.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ April 16 2010, 3:01 PM BST

he's not one of the funniest comics around.

Well he's not, if you don't like him.

He had a bravura performance in the Sun today.

Said he smiled like a man getting a blow job in a Ford Cosworth waving at his wife as she drove by.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ April 16 2010, 3:01 PM BST

You miserable,.

I'm happy, me. Little bit sleepy though.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 16 2010, 3:04 PM BST

Well he's not, if you don't like him. I don't see why people discussing this should be called names.

We've had this discussion before. There are no unfunny successful stand-up comedians. Their wages are paid by the public. Some people will decide that they are not going to like a comedian for their views or material but that has nothing to do with whether they are funny or not.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ April 16 2010, 3:15 PM BST

We've had this discussion before. There are no unfunny successful stand-up comedians. Their wages are paid by the public. Some people will decide that they are not going to like a comedian for their views or material but that has nothing to do with whether they are funny or not.

If someone isn't funny to me, then I can say 'I don't find them funny'. That so being, on an individual basis, they aren't funny. Doesn't mean others can't think the opposite and they're not equally correct. You, Godot, having a different opinion to me doesn't mean I automatically change my opinion to yours I'm afraid. If it did, we'd be holding hands and braiding each others hair by now.