As Time Goes By

Ok, now marking myself as totally sad, but are there any other As Time Goes By fans here? I have to admit, I love and watch it through regularly. :D

My friends all think I'm completely loopy because I switch between watching warm fuzzy British sitcoms and watching horror movies. Rolling eyes :P

Seriously hoping I'm not alone in this. Please step forward if you're a weirdo like me! Wave

I lover horror movies. You want to speak to Jude about horror movies too ;)

As for this show, yeah I think it's okay, nice easy to watch, plus it stars Dame Dench, so you can't really go wrong.

:)

;)

Not just Dame Judi but also Geoffrey Palmer as well.

I think this is the sort of show that works perfectly on an early Sunday evening and those 2 great actors make it an enjoyable, if not hilarious watch.

I like it. I have The Complete Collection on DVD. Cost me 75 quid a couple of years ago. Alastair is my favourite character. I can't stand Judith, though. She's such a spoilt brat who relies on her Mum's wealth. She said in one episode she ahd never even been in a charity shop!

I love "As Time Goes By." Dame Judi Dench and Geoffrey Palmer rock!

Ditto Lee. I don't love it, but it's quite a nice easy watch. :)

I wouldn't buy a dvd, but I love watching it on the telly.

I do love nice middle class people having nice middle class problems, now and then.

I remember analysing this once (sad) - laughs per minute etc - and there weren't really that many.

Ooh no, I never laugh out loud watching it. It's just pleasant.

Weird.

I watch it. I like Lionel and Jean but I really like Sandy, she's hot. I also like Rocky, Madge and their housekeeper Mrs.Bale. It's a warm and quaint comedy kinda like Last Of The Summer Wine and for some reason I just like it.

I'm at least 20 years (and one sex change) away from its target auditorium, but I still liked it a lot. No, it's not side-splittingly funny, but it leaves very pleasant aftertaste, so to speak - unlike Roseanne or Royle Family, which might make you laugh, but leave taste of bile in your mouth.
I've seen the whole programme once, and that should tell something. It might look quaint on surface, but there's a bit of edge underneath. I think. If it was on TV around here, I'd watch it.

I love this series! :) I think it's funny how they appear again in the James Bond movies.

Marlies

We've been watching series 1 and 2 which we picked up quite cheap. Warm and fuzzy if not laugh a minute.

One question: Just what does it say in the letter in the opening credits. It looks like it goes 'Write back soon thought...' which doesn't make sense. Any ideas?

Quote: Tuumble @ November 13 2009, 1:57 AM GMT

One question: Just what does it say in the letter in the opening credits. It looks like it goes 'Write back soon thought...' which doesn't make sense. Any ideas?

It starts with, "My darling Jean ... " which is silly, as it's written with a woman's hand.