Sean Lock

I did a search to see if he had his own thread.
Just watching his stand up & I think he deserves one.
A real master of the craft.

F**king incredible comedian, from the heart.

8 Out Of Ten Cats would be unwatchable without him.

And Jimmy Carr.

And Jamelia.

Mr Baby seems to prefer watching Jamelia without anyone else around too.

Anywhoooo....

What's your favourite Sean Lock gag?

I like this one:
I'm not a racist, most of my friends are black. I'm not a murderer, most of my friends are alive. I'm not a paedophile, most of my friends are..... oh wait a minute!'

Quote: AngieBaby @ January 15 2010, 8:20 PM GMT

What's your favourite Sean Lock gag?

"Did you know, sharks will only attack you when you're wet."

For one.

He's very good. I enjoyed his TV Heaven, Telly Hell. And his sitcom was great. A genuine lost gem.

I can't remember it exactly.
But something like...
I went to see a psychiatrist, my family got me vouchers for Christmas.
I don't know why they bought me those... I wanted a crossbow.

I'm supposed to be seeing him this May! Worth seeing??

Quote: EmzaHarvey @ April 4 2010, 3:28 PM BST

I'm supposed to be seeing him this May! Worth seeing??

God, yes! I'll have your tickets if you don't want them!

I love the "I'm not a paedophile, most of my friends are..... oh wait a minute!' joke, makes me laugh everytime I hear it!

He really is awesome! put him on any panel show and he is just superb! Love him when he is on QI!

I saw Sean at the Wolves Civic a few weeks back. He was very good, show was a bit too long though (on stage for over 2hrs) could have cut out quite a few jokes. But that just shows the depth of material he has!!

And I didn't hear a single joke I'd hear him say before on 8 Out of 10 Cats or any other show, which was great.

Definitely worth going and seeing if you can.

Quote: satch @ April 25 2010, 10:25 PM BST

I didn't hear a single joke I'd hear him say before on 8 Out of 10 Cats or any other show, which was great.

That is pretty impressive. One criticism of Frankie Boyle is if you see him live you get to hear his Mock The Week jokes again... so fresh material from Lock is a definite bonus.

Quote: Mark @ April 26 2010, 11:28 AM BST

so fresh material from Lock is a definite bonus.

It does annoy me when you see a stand-up and you have heard nearly all of his/her best jokes before on the TV. And I expected the same with Sean Lock, but hats off to him for the amount of material. I'd rather have originality over the same recycled gags, especially when you are paying to see them. Looking forward now to future tours he does.

I saw him in March in Newcastle. Thought he was fantastic. I was struggling for breath at one point. If you enjoy him from his TV appearances then you should definitely give him a go live. Plus, as has been said before, he didn't recycle any material unlike, say, Frankie Boyle.

Apparently he's going to be in the next series of Ideal.

"Lock plays a post-operative female-male transsexual who nonetheless decided to keep her ample breasts following the procedure."

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2010/08/10/11533/garofalo_and_lock_join_ideal

I cannot wait to see this.

He's in the trailer, located in the Ideal thread.