Laughtershock

Couldn't see a thread for this yet.

Anyone going to watch it? I went to see it recorded and it was pretty good.

I have a sketch in it too. Nice!

Quote: greensville @ March 31 2010, 12:22 PM BST

I have a sketch in it too. Nice!

Congrats. :)

Well done Greensville.

I haven't heard of the show.
Who's in it?

Nice one for the sketch. Is this on of those digital channels?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ March 31 2010, 12:31 PM BST

I haven't heard of the show.
Who's in it?

New people. Not names yet.

It's a BBC 3 pilot. There's an artical about it on the front page of this very site.

Is it right they cut Sarah's sketch out of it - the rotters? Because her name's on there still I see.

Quote: David Bussell @ March 31 2010, 1:03 PM BST

Is it right they cut Sarah's sketch out of it - the rotters? Because her name's on there still I see.

It was a good sketch too, the best out of the bunch in my view!

I'll have to watch it on i-player then. :) Looking forward to it.

Towels? :|

The show? Not totally unfunny, it had it's moments.

Well it was mostly awful... However, I quite liked the magazine sketch - thought it could have done with some trimming and punching-up, but a very good lead performance and some funny lines.

Looked very much like a pilot (which, to be fair, it was): nice for those involved that it was broadcast, I suppose, but sometimes I think it might be better for their future career prospects if these things weren't. Could do more harm than good in some cases. It looked like an extended talent showreel, rather than a fully realised show idea.

Oh, and it's always depressing (whatever the calibre of performer) to see a stand-up set edited so much that a comic introduces themselves with their first gag and says goodnight at the end of their second.

(I admit I missed the first 5 minutes, so perhaps the comedy gold was buried in there?)

I went on the night it was recorded so it was interesting to see it edited. Quite like the format. Think it has potential.

The sketch I wrote was cut. I'm guessing it was just too funny.

Or too shit.

Quote: greensville @ March 31 2010, 10:46 PM BST

The sketch I wrote was cut.

Sorry to hear that, mate. Try and get hold of a copy of it for future reference? Well done for getting your sketch on the shortlist though. ;)

One of the main problems with the format was that it tried to cram too much stuff into the half hour. Understandable, as it was trying to showcase as much new talent as possible, but it ultimately made for a rather disjointed, unwatchable programme. Also (inconsistently) it butchered the stand-up sets due to time constraints, but allowed several sketches to dawdle along far too casually.

However, I suppose a successful format combining sketch with stand-up has been always been quite elusive, even when starring seasoned, well-known performers.

Shit! There's a sketch in there that has the same premise as one of mine (though written differently). Bollocks, I really liked that sketch. :(

Quote: greensville @ March 31 2010, 10:46 PM BST

The sketch I wrote was cut. I'm guessing it was just too funny.

F**k nuts.