The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 98

2-1 in both games, with Arsenal winning it in extra time or penalties, I think Wenger's team will be highly motivated to give it everything, and they are in very good form. Barcelona still don't have the best of defences, while Arsenal's is stabilisng again, Campbell has been a great influence, and I'm certain Wenger will man mark Messi. Bartha will be caught on the break and have trouble with Arsenal's speed. Arsenal's finishing is also getting sharper. Yep, an Arsenal win, assuming the ref isn't a wrong'n.

Quote: PhQnix @ March 18 2010, 11:09 PM GMT

Zamora's very passionate

Just don't tell Team Bridge.

United had possibly the kindest draw. Arsenal has a toughie but hopefully they'll come through for an all-England final. And rock on to Fulham - I do have a soft spot for them and Coleman and Hodges have been fantastic there.

Yep, fair play to Fulham. Incredible match and result the other night.

Could be a very good weekend for 'the yids'. 3 points away from home, Man City away to the boyant Fulham and Liverpool away to their rivals in red and the Villa dropped 2 points again. Spurs in the champs league is looking like a good bet now. Hope they do it, Redknapp will embarrass a few people in the FA and he deserves to, he is a Brian Clough type coach, anti establishment and outspoken but his players and his fans worship him. He gets the best out of every team he's had, he's a coaching legend!

Quote: PhQnix @ March 20 2010, 12:10 AM GMT

That sounds brilliant catskillz. Who were the four teams?

I don't remember, well, apart from Fulham. Rangers and Celtic may have been in there, as they can usually guarantee you a couple of wins, due to the SPL being such a joke league. Actually, I used to regularly do "Handicap" bets involving the Old Firm, which meant they had to win their games by 2 goals or more, because the odds on them simply winning were always so shit.

Quote: Tim Walker @ March 20 2010, 11:26 AM GMT

Think our chances (Gooners) rest heavily on getting Gallas back in, as well as injury concerns. Theo to start the first leg in this one, methinks. To be honest, both teams are going to play attacking, open football and I suspect a fair bit of luck will decide the result over the two ties. For the neutral they will hopefully be great games whatever the result.

Lets hope they don't cancel each other out, but I can't see that happening with Messi on the pitch. Should be a good game to watch.

Woo good week for Utd and with Chelsea drawing that COULD be them out of it..

As for Arsenal Barca, I think Arsenal could win due to Ibrahimovic not really fitting the type of football Barca play and Henry looking like hes almost done at the top top level. 3-2 Arsenal with Nasri scoring atleast 1 =]

Yeah, I do think Arsenal will beat them. Barca have flaws when attacked and Arsenal can attack. I don't see a nil nil in these two games.

Will Arshaven be playing against Barca? If so, I fancy him to steal the limelight from Messi.

Just think it's about time a left-back just did not let Messi use his left foot to shoot - even if he has to trail Messi far over to the right, out of position.
The only way players stopped Ronaldo in open play were by making him pass to someone else!

Surprised about Chelsea's draw; expected them to have more focus after the mid-week hilarity. Still think it's theirs to lose.

Quote: catskillz @ March 21 2010, 10:50 PM GMT

Will Arshaven be playing against Barca? If so, I fancy him to steal the limelight from Messi.

Yep, if fit. He was cup-tied last season, but I agree that he might really step up to these big games.

Loved the United game yesterday. Great to see a goal from that under-rated hero Park Ji-Sung. What a title race.

On the subject of under-rated players, what about Zoltan Gera at Fulham?

Also, the Carrick debate on this forum, I've changed my mind. He has been terrible the last couple of months.

Quote: Mike T @ March 21 2010, 8:52 PM GMT

Yes. Looks like Chelsea have blown it - all down to the Terry factor. Why those forwards can't score though is beyond me. Can't really blame the defence.

Oh well - come on Arsenal!

Due to work I'll only get to watch 1/3 of the World Cup games durintg the week. :(

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/23032010/58/world-cup-2010-england-world-cup-tv-schedule.html

Quote: Mike T @ March 21 2010, 8:52 PM GMT

Quote: Chappers @ March 23 2010, 10:54 AM GMT

Yes. Looks like Chelsea have blown it

What's the world coming to? Me, an UTD fan, defending Chelsea's title hopes from the most virulent Chelsea supporter here.
:D
Course Chelsea haven't blown it. 7-8 games left and Chelsea still have to play UTD. If they win that game then the title is still Chelsea's to lose.

But yep Terry has played like a twat since this thing has bit him in the ass and it's probably helped to weaken their push for the title.