Very stupid question - what's a 'bound' script?

Sorry, I'm sure it should be obvious, but what constitutes a bound script to film types?

Does it have to be spiral bound, have a paper fastener in the left hand corner or something entirely different?

Thanks for your help.

(We're trying to get our Big 5 application in, by the way)

Get a brad.

Quote: Marc P @ March 19 2010, 10:50 AM GMT

Get a brad.

Anyone know where to get those really big butch ones?(steady!)

Quote: Lazzard @ March 19 2010, 10:55 AM GMT

Anyone know where to get those really big butch ones?(steady!)

They seem to be really diificult to get hold. I was told you can get them from the online screenwriters shop, but couldn't find any on there.

Quote: Lbug @ March 19 2010, 10:48 AM GMT

what constitutes a bound script to film types?

Bound to be rejected?

The screenplay to that Jennifer Tilly film... Lovey

Brads Glorious brads.
There's nothing quite like them...

http://www.google.co.uk/search?num=100&hl=en&newwindow=1&client=firefox-a&hs=M9G&rls=com.ubuntu%3Aen-GB%3Aunofficial&q=brads+fastener&btnG=Search&meta=cr%3DcountryUK|countryGB&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Quote: billwill @ March 19 2010, 12:23 PM GMT

Brads Glorious brads.
There's nothing quite like them...

http://www.google.co.uk/search?num=100&hl=en&newwindow=1&client=firefox-a&hs=M9G&rls=com.ubuntu%3Aen-GB%3Aunofficial&q=brads+fastener&btnG=Search&meta=cr%3DcountryUK|countryGB&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

So what's this Google, then?

Seriously - done the search, but can only find them in US screenwriters stores.
Pretty cheap - but £40 postage!

Ah brads, thank you very much everyone.

To be honest, I'm hoping they take their disadvantaged criteria seriously enough to realise that some writers are disadvantaged when it comes to affording binding.
:(
I paperpunched mine and then used a brad. Also they wanted the application form attached but didn't say if they wanted it just 'attached' or bound with the script, so I put it into the brad in front of the script to add weight to my mental incompetence disadvanteged case.

I paperclipped the two 'loose' scripts.

Quote: Marc P @ March 19 2010, 10:50 AM GMT

Get a brad.

Jolie good advice, Marc. :)