The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 97

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ March 18 2010, 7:28 PM GMT

I can see him doing well at that, quite an arty player. He has played a few games this season so he must still be at Chelsea but he must be out of favour, is carrying an injury

He got injured in early December and again last month. He's been on the bench for the last couple of games.

If we decide to play the diamond again, he's the best option to play at the top but for the second season in a row, he did all his best work in August and September.

When it was sunny outside.

A complete coincidence,I'm sure.

Now I don't mind football related banter but Spagett, these are your last few posts on the forum.

Quote: Spagett @ March 18 2010, 11:59 AM GMT

John Terry in a hit and run moment I see.

Not going great for Chelsea at the moment is it?

What a shame...

Quote: Spagett @ March 16 2010, 10:17 PM GMT

Wahey

Bye Bye Chelsea

Quote: Spagett @ February 27 2010, 3:53 PM GMT

Chelsea get battered at home and have 2 men sent off.

Lovely stuff.

Chelsea fans show their lack of class in booing Bridge who has done nothing wrong.

Maybe they should be booing John Terry who has been terrible since everyone found out he was a tosser.

Quote: Spagett @ February 6 2010, 4:21 AM GMT

John Terry is a complete and utter tosser who is overrated as it is anyway.

Quote: Spagett @ February 6 2010, 12:31 AM GMT

Delighted John Terry is no longer captain.

Quote: Spagett @ February 3 2010, 3:12 AM GMT

Chelsea drop points at Hull.

Quote: Spagett @ February 3 2010, 3:12 AM GMT

What have Chelsea been doing? It's not even like they have had that many injuries.

Moving away from the Champions League for a second (trust me there are other games being played) did anyone else just watch Fulham? Clint Dempsey scored an amazing goal to send them through against Juventus.

I had no idea they were even playing tonight.

1951: FULL-TIME Fulham 4-1 Juventus (agg 5-4)

Ha ha ha ha! A genuine WTF moment.

From the same site:

1844: Juventus cannot cope with Bobby Zamora.

It just gets more and more ridiculous...

Quote: PhQnix @ March 18 2010, 7:57 PM GMT

Moving away from the Champions League for a second (trust me there are other games being played) did anyone else just watch Fulham? Clint Dempsey scored an amazing goal to send them through against Juventus.

Brilliant. No - I didn't!

Quote: Splodge @ March 18 2010, 8:05 PM GMT

I had no idea they were even playing tonight.

1951: FULL-TIME Fulham 4-1 Juventus (agg 5-4)

Ha ha ha ha! A genuine WTF moment.

From the same site:

1844: Juventus cannot cope with Bobby Zamora.

It just gets more and more ridiculous...

Ha ha!

He's done bloody well recently.

3-0 Liverpool.

Nothing can go wrong now!

Apart from missing out on the Champs League spot and everything else, but I'm sure you were being ironic.

Quote: Splodge @ March 18 2010, 7:51 PM GMT

He got injured in early December and again last month. He's been on the bench for the last couple of games.

If we decide to play the diamond again, he's the best option to play at the top but for the second season in a row, he did all his best work in August and September.

When it was sunny outside.

A complete coincidence,I'm sure.

Now I don't mind football related banter but Spagett, these are your last few posts on the forum.

The only worthwile thing doing on this forum is trying to get Chappers to blow his top about Utd.

I have been far too busy celebrating trophies in the last few years to become obsessed with Chelsea although I do think that as funny as it was to see Chelsea blow it in Europe again you would be mad to sack Ancelotti.

I would like Arsenal or Bayern in the next round.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ March 18 2010, 9:59 PM GMT

Apart from missing out on the Champs League spot and everything else, but I'm sure you were being ironic.

It's a Danny Baker thing.
Stand up & say nothing can go wrong now when your team goes 2-1 up, see how the rest of the crowd react.

I wasn't brave enough to say it when Liverpool were 2-0 up.

Quote: Chappers @ March 18 2010, 8:18 PM GMT

Ha ha!

He's done bloody well recently.

Bobby Zamora has always been rated quite highly by the fans of the clubs he has played for. He's very passionate and he scored a respectable amount of goals when he played at West Ham - it helps that he has a knack for the occasional sublime. Some of the goals he scored for us were absolutely stunning.

He looked like a good prospect when he played for Brighton.
But he's never really seemed to fulfill his potential.

I've always had a soft spot for Fulham, due to them winning me so much money, back in my gambling days. This was back when Al Fayed had just arrived, and they were strolling towards promotion, thanks largely to the great Louis Saha, who always seemed to score. I remember one day in particular, at the start of the '00/01 season, when I put 250 quid on the outcome of about 4 games, afterwhich I spent my last few quid on a coach ticket, down to London, with a couple of mates. We were planning on spending the weekend down there, but I hadn't told them that I had all my money riding on this bet, and that I'd be skint if all of the 4 teams didn't win. I spent part of the journey glued to a little radio, listening to the scores. Thankfully they all won, meaning I was able to pick up well over a grand from the nearest Ladbrokes, when I got off the coach. As you can imagine, I spent the entire weekend walking around London like Charlie in the chocolate factory, buying clothes, records, DVDs, and covering the tab every time we ate or went into a pub.

That sounds brilliant catskillz. Who were the four teams?

Tough draw for Arsenal that, but they do have the revenge factor for 2006, where they actually played very well but lost. Will Henry's knowledge of Wenger's game plans be the telling factor? I back Arsenal to win the London game but the Catalan leg will be v tough, especially if Bartha score at the Emirates. Still fancy an upset overall though.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ March 20 2010, 10:41 AM GMT

Tough draw for Arsenal that, but they do have the revenge factor for 2006, where they actually played very well but lost. Will Henry's knowledge of Wenger's game plans be the telling factor? I back Arsenal to win the London game but the Catalan leg will be v tough, especially if Bartha score at the Emirates. Still fancy an upset overall though.

1-3 at the Emirates. 4-1 in the Camp Nou. Arsenal are about to be torn apart. They don't have the defence to cope for these sorts of games. I think they will score - providing they manage to get the ball back.

Quote: Splodge @ March 20 2010, 11:22 AM GMT

1-3 at the Emirates. 4-1 in the Camp Nou. Arsenal are about to be torn apart. They don't have the defence to cope for these sorts of games. I think they will score - providing they manage to get the ball back.

Think our chances (Gooners) rest heavily on getting Gallas back in, as well as injury concerns. Theo to start the first leg in this one, methinks. To be honest, both teams are going to play attacking, open football and I suspect a fair bit of luck will decide the result over the two ties. For the neutral they will hopefully be great games whatever the result.