Big 5 Comedy Award Page 6

Personally I'd stick to typed. Wouldn't want to be disqualified on a technicality.

I've very pleased with my entry. I just hope the fact it's set in Argentinia doesn't count against it.

Quote: chipolata @ March 8 2010, 10:38 AM GMT

Argentinia

Is that a town in Middle Earth?

Boring question.

Are people having their scripts properly bound or just using good fasteners?

They don't half make you work for this one with questions like these on the form:

To support your application, please answer the following questions (maximum word count per question 500 words):

1.Please state your reasons for applying for BIG 5 Comedy Award.
2.Please tell us how winning this award would further your career and how you would intend to promote yourself through this award.

I'm a little confused over the methods of getting the application and script to them; it doesn't specifically say by post only, but only gives a postal address. It says it can be word doc format, which implies it can be emailed, yet says scripts must be fastened. It doesn't quite say when the deadline is either. I presume by Monday 22nd means by midnight on the 21st, yet also says a postmark of the 22nd (i.e posted on) the 22nd is okay too.

The whole application form and what and how you have to send is a bit of a shambles.

One copy bound, another two loose, but with applications attached. The two I sent loose are properly loose, I know no other way. With one having the application form stapled to it. It's a whole bunch of mess in that envelope.

I posted today. Think you're alright if you post on 22nd, as long as post office does whatever it does to put a postmark on, on that day.

It's pretty bad, but this was posted on their Facebook page earlier today:

"FINAL CALL FOR SCRIPTS FOR THE BIG 5 COMEDY AWARD! The final deadline is 5.30pm on Monday 22nd March. You can deliver scripts in person but the CTBF reception CLOSES at 5.30pm so don't be late if you are hand delivering!"

Blimey, they're making us jump through hoops!

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ March 19 2010, 6:50 PM GMT

Blimey, they're making us jump through hoops!

It's only for those of us with true mettle...in our heads or legs, apparently!

Yeah, talk about maing it easy for people with disabilites, caring for children, elderly relatives, etc!

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ March 19 2010, 7:12 PM GMT

Yeah, talk about maing it easy for people with disabilites, caring for children, elderly relatives, etc!

They have all the luck!

Just joined and already know I'm glad I did. Excellent to be here.
Great site, top information base. Kickass.

Quote: Marooned @ March 19 2010, 6:45 PM GMT

It's pretty bad, but this was posted on their Facebook page earlier today:

"FINAL CALL FOR SCRIPTS FOR THE BIG 5 COMEDY AWARD! The final deadline is 5.30pm on Monday 22nd March. You can deliver scripts in person but the CTBF reception CLOSES at 5.30pm so don't be late if you are hand delivering!"

So does this mean that if someone has been really stupid and left everything to the last minute, that they won't accept their script if it has the 22nd March post mark?

Errr

Quote: Simon Sayer @ March 20 2010, 12:22 AM GMT

Just joined and already know I'm glad I did. Excellent to be here.
Great site, top information base. Kickass.

Hey Simon, welcome.

Quote: The Giggle-o @ March 20 2010, 12:34 AM GMT

So does this mean that if someone has been really stupid and left everything to the last minute, that they won't accept their script if it has the 22nd March post mark?

Errr

Hey Simon, welcome.

I'm not sure, sorry. :(
But good luck anyhow.