It Ain't Half Hot Mum Complete Series . . . ?

Does anyone know if they'll be making a box set of all the It Ain't Half Hot Mum series?

I think that they will. When is the question, and that's anyone's guess. 2 Entertain are somewhat unpredictable. If you want to buy the series, I'd just go ahead and do it. Really could be another couple of years before they get around to packaging it up. On the other hand, it could be done for Christmas 2010.

Quote: Aaron @ March 12 2010, 4:33 PM GMT

I think that they will. When is the question, and that's anyone's guess. 2 Entertain are somewhat unpredictable. If you want to buy the series, I'd just go ahead and do it. Really could be another couple of years before they get around to packaging it up. On the other hand, it could be done for Christmas 2010.

It's what I'm keeping an eye-out for. I've been adding up how much it could cost buying the now reasonably cheap early series. Worth the wait if you haven't started collecting them methinks.

Odds on the Complete Series 1-8 could be released in Australia first. Series 8 was just released here, so I'd expect the box-set by about August, looking at how releases were timed for shows such as Allo Allo and Are You Being Served? (the Complete Collection of which is to be released here next month).

EDIT: Probably a waste of money, as I already have Series 1-10 of AYBS, but the spiel promises: Are You Being Served: The Complete Collection includes: Unique Handbag packaging, all 10 series, 5 Christmas specials, 1 new disc of exclusive content and a 16 page collector's booklet. I wonder whether the "exclusive content" will be the doco that recently aired in the UK, plus the older documentaries of Funny Women - Molly Sugden and Funny Turns - John Inman.

Certainly sounds like a box set I'd want to get.

Quote: Kenneth @ March 13 2010, 7:24 AM GMT

Unique Handbag packaging,

They should make it look like a pussy !

Quote: Oldrocker @ March 14 2010, 12:13 AM GMT

They should make it look like a pussy !

They have tried to give it some innuendo by calling it The Complete Package. The 'handbag' does look a mite tacky though.

Quote: Kenneth @ March 14 2010, 12:29 AM GMT

They have tried to give it some innuendo by calling it The Complete Package. The 'handbag' does look a mite tacky though.

Only in Australia !

Ah, I see that BBC Worldwide are inflicting that new big purple blog abhorrence upon you too. That set would look really nice without it.

Yep, that purple thing has been showing up on the latest Doctor Who releases, as well on new packaging for 3-episode only re-releases of several old shows under the umbrella of 'Comedy Bites'. I don't think much of the cartoony covers of the Comedy Bites range or the miserly 3 episodes per disc. I assume they're unique to Australia or Region 4.

Yeah, Network have done very-very limited releases of a few shows in just a 'teaser' with 3 random episodes. I suspect just as a kind of taster to see if it sells at all, before embarking on full series runs. Woolworths have also had their own special editions of some shows (possibly all Universal Playback releases) with 3 eps in, as a supposed good-deal taster bargain thing... But yeah. Other than that, it's not generally something we have.

I *really* hate those massive, highly obtrusive rating blocks they have on your releases too. So ugly.

Especially as they're crap illustrations. That doesn't look at all like Artwright or the Vicar of Dibley.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001AXN3BE/comedyguide-21/

http://www.zavvi.com/dvd/george-and-mildred/9983660.html

Etc.

Any further news on whether there will be a box set of the complete IAHHM series?

Same answer as previously, I'm afraid.