Sick of ironic post modern jokes Page 3

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/giles_coren/article4227983.ece

Oh bugger, was his declaration of war a joke that went terribly, terribly wrong?

Oops.

Are post-modern jokes the future of comedy?

Quote: zooo @ March 10 2010, 10:28 PM GMT

Oh bugger, was his declaration of war a joke that went terribly, terribly wrong?

Oops.

I can see Adolf now, 'we're going to invade Poland...........Not!'

Quote: AngieBaby @ March 10 2010, 10:34 PM GMT

I can see Adolf now

Man that's bad acid

Hold on, let me get my pen and paper, that's comedy gold right there.

I read else where that when Goerring ate pork Hitler would say
"Look a creature that devours it's own flesh"

What a complete c**t. Did he do anything else?

The overpants gag was quite good I thought.

Quote: AngieBaby @ March 10 2010, 10:03 PM GMT

I'm not too familiar with Al's Hitler stuff, but I'll check it out. I seem to recall he is of Austrian descent (?) so may have a unique take on it.

He's got family in pretty much every country. Not sure where they ultimately come from though, could very well be Austrian. His Nazi stuff is quite unique certainly, but probably not in the way you're hoping.

Second from bottom: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/al_murray_multiple_personality/videos/

Quote: AngieBaby @ March 10 2010, 10:03 PM GMT

Surely they could find some other, more relevant evil people?

For starters there's Mugabe, genocide; Amin, cannibalism; Zuma, rape and Vernon Kay, who sent a couple of saucy texts to page 3 models.

They're not really as high profile; certainly their crimes are not as well known, particularly by the younger generation that are the target audience of many channels right now. (I've little idea of Amin and Zuma.)

Quote: Badge @ March 10 2010, 10:12 PM GMT

And Thatcher

The Glorious one.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ March 10 2010, 9:39 PM GMT

I'm starting to find all the Daily Mail jokes/references a bit tedious.

Starting? You mean they've ever been anything else? The equivalent of the 1970s coon joke: boring, easy target that the majority of the audience don't like.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ March 10 2010, 9:39 PM GMT

I'm starting to find all the Daily Mail jokes/references a bit tedious.

It is lazy shorthand, that an audience will recognise, like 'Guardian reader'.

Not that newspapers, the Mail in particular, are not fit subjects for comedy; but it helps if the comedian actually takes the trouble to read them and gain some fresh insights, rather than relying on recognition of the stereotype.

I am surprised more comedians have not cottoned on to how barkingly mad the Express has become - a fit subject for satire if ever there was.