Birds of a Feather DVDS? Page 8

i did read on the episode guide just wondered if anyone knew a bit more information about it

Does anyone know if touch me im karen taylor will be out on dvd ?

Almost certainly.

Touch me, I'm Karen Taylor - Coming soon to your local pound shop.

Very funny Touch me im Karen Taylor is brillant

I have heard that series 2 and series 3 of Birds of a Feather
are to be released on dvd late next year

But it will not be released by prism lesure i think it will be released by 2entertain or another company

Does anyone know what else prism lesure released ?

Does anyone also know if 2entertain have plans to release the rest of the series of the two ronnies ?

I have also heard that the bbc have plans to show one of the christmas specials from Birds of a Feather.

I have done some research and programmes like keeping up apperences
may not have been brought out by 2entertain but however they are under licence by 2entertain so i guess only 2entertain can release programmes like Birds of a feather,allo allo, are you being served.

You care about this way to much.

It confuses me i remember when bbc dvds used to be released by bbc worldwide and bbcvideo these days it is hard to know who can release programmes

what would you rate Birds of a Feather out of 10

Quote: Rick Skelton @ October 19, 2007, 4:28 PM

You care about this way to much.

The reason is above

Sigh. Jamie, please read this. I have stated on NUMEROUS OCCASIONS that BBC Video, which is owned by BBC Worldwide, is now known as 2 entertain. They merged with another company, VVL (Vision Video Limited) I think, who were owned by Woolworths, and became 2 entertain.

Other companies buy rights to release shows. The BBC may very well make more money from selling rights than they do from releasing them themselves (through 2 entertain, of course).

As for The Two Ronnies, they are almost certainly all going to be out. Keeping Up Appearances IS all out. 'Allo 'Allo! I hope will be out before the decade is up.

Quote: jamie jones @ October 19, 2007, 4:35 PM

what would you rate Birds of a Feather out of 10

About 6. Good characters, decent writing. Funny enough, but quite inferior to some really good comedies.

So who was prim leaure owened by the company that made birds of a feather ?

Does any one also know who uktv gold is owened by ?

I also hope decade birds of a feather is released before the end of the decade

allo allo series 6 is on dvd but on region 1 dvd i have put a link
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/Region_1/4-/3272293/Allo-Allo-Complete-Series-Six/Product.html]

As for keeping up apperences a box set has been released and i have
all the episodes of keeping up apperences i have put a link
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3385929/Keeping-Up-Appearances-The-Essential-Collection/Product.html]

Also birds of a feather series 1 is out i will put a link so if series 2 of birds of a feather does come out you will be able to
see
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/111423/-/Product.html?searchstring=birds+of+a+feather&searchsource=0]

I have put a link which lists what allo allo series are out on dvd
[p=http://www.play.com/Search.aspx?searchtype=r2title&searchstring=allo+allo&page=search&pa=search]

Ok, sorry but I've got really bored of this thread now - Jamie you don't appear to be listening to Aaron's helpful answers or using your own initiative to try and find out answers before asking questions (I mean, come on... just log on to UKTV Gold's website to find out company details!)

I'm sure people are also capable of seaching Amazon and Play should they wish to buy these series, but thanks for the links anyway.

I am closing this thread for a while till I become calm and rational again.

Yes, quite.

Just a couple of things which Jamie hadn't asked before, which I shall answer:

Prism Leisure, as far as I can tell, was an independent company who bought the rights to release it (the first series at least) on DVD.

The UKTV network is 50% owned by BBC Worldwide (the commercial, profit-making part of the Beeb), and 50% by a comapny called Flextech, who, if I remember rightly, are now part of Virgin Media.

How ironic for Sky, then, that UKTV Gold is their most popular channel.