Bizarrely unreleased... Page 5

To be fair, they (certainly the notoriously slow 2entertain) are releasing Morecambe and Wise shows. The 1973 series should be the next one released, in fact. But I understand the frustration!

Yes, I applaud Network for their great effort in the series 1 Thames release; but it is amazing how one of the most popular TV acts of all time in the UK has over 50% of its output unreleased whereas some very odd titles make their way onto DVD. However, thanks to various ITV repeats and Channel 5's Xmas schedule of a few years back I do have more Thames taped off the TV so, like you say, I will just have to be patient!

As I understand it, it's taken this long to release stuff like this (and The Two Ronnies) partly because of the clearance issues. All of the celebrity guests, music rights, all the other associated bits and pieces. I'm hoping we'll see another load of stuff released before too long.

Yes, I thought it might be something to do with this. I suppose the M&W BBC shows have more to clear given that they always had 2 or 3 musical guests. The Thames shows relied less on this - in effect, it was all M&W with a guest actor/singer etc. So, in theory the Thames material should be easier to release? Personally, I would be more than happy to see the BBC shows with most of the musical (non-M&W) interludes cut out if this meant that the shows could be released more easily. In effect, no M&W footage would be lost but it would disrupt the natural flow of the BBC shows; but I realise that edited shows are not to everyone's taste!

A hell of a lot of new releases just added. So many that it's difficult to pick a couple of highlights to note here, but:

Executive Stress, The Upper Hand, The Larkins, Cuffy, Tripper's Day, and Never Mind The Quality, Feel The Width.

For all details head to https://www.comedy.co.uk/shop/coming_soon/

Quote: Aaron @ February 25 2010, 3:40 PM GMT

A hell of a lot of new releases just added. So many that it's difficult to pick a couple of highlights to note here, but:

Executive Stress, The Upper Hand, The Larkins, Cuffy, Tripper's Day, and Never Mind The Quality, Feel The Width.

For all details head to https://www.comedy.co.uk/shop/coming_soon/

Some tasty stuff there. I had pre-ordered 'Curry and Chips' a while ago, but nice to see' M&W 7' and there 'Two of a Kind'.

Quote: Aaron @ February 25 2010, 3:40 PM GMT

A hell of a lot of new releases just added. So many that it's difficult to pick a couple of highlights to note here,

Big Top ?

Any chance of Network releasing further series of Second Thoughts anytime soon??

One would hope so. Going to be a while, mind. *sits*

Quote: Aaron @ February 27 2010, 8:47 PM GMT

One would hope so. Going to be a while, mind. *sits*

Just seems down right ludicrous that they released Series 1 years ago and have relegated the rest and started releasing other full series ahead of further series.

It's certainly quite strange on the face of it. I can only assume that it didn't sell very well. They've picked up on a number of other series they started and then halted around the same time though, so hope is not lost. Having a look at the episode lists, I suspect this one has been neglected over them because of the episode count: S2 would require a double-disc release, and S3 would be a triple. Other shows restarted have been 1 disc dealies. Two's Company, for example.

I'd like An Actor's Life For Me to be released. It will probably be released with Nelson's Column as a box aet if it ever is

I wish the Kenny Everett Show was available :(

I've never let something being on YouTube stop me from turning the odd thing into something that can go on the telly - it's quite straightforward when you have TV out and a spare (old) hard drive/dvd unit. For comedy, the lower quality doesn't bother me too much, unless the comedy itself is of lower quality.

I'm really pleased that many of the series I would have listed 10 years ago have been subsequently released: Joking Apart, all the Please Sir!s and Fenn Street Gangs, Budgie, Thriller - straying outside of comedy there slightly - but it's great so many entries on my (imaginary) list have ticks against them.

How about releasing "L for Lester" and "So Haunt Me", please Santa.

I couldn't get into So Haunt Me but it might be better than the bit I caught.

I want Health & Efficiency, Dad and Ain't Misbehaving all to be released.